It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/6/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Top 20 recipes of 2018
Beyond this week’s ALDI menu plan, you might find some new favorite family recipes with the Top 20 Recipes 2018 from Mashup Mom! I’d love to hear if you have favorites from the past year, too.
ALDI meal planning week of 1/6/19 – 1/12/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/6/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker Italian pulled chicken sandwiches (use 2.5 lbs chicken & serve on deli rolls with provolone) and spring mix salad topped with chopped carrots. (To save time tomorrow, also cook up a pot of rice for tomorrow night’s stir fry and save it in your fridge.)
- Monday: Simple chicken kale mushroom stir fry. Use 1.25 lbs chicken, and serve over cooked rice, with apples on the side.
- Tuesday: Layered chicken enchilada casserole (use the last of the chicken), served with two sliced avocados plus spring mix salad.
- Wednesday: Garlic rosemary pork roast and potatoes. Use quartered baby potatoes; reserve 1.5 cups chopped cooked pork for tomorrow’s recipe; slice up apples on the side. (To save time tomorrow, also cook up a pot of rice for tomorrow night’s recipe.)
- Thursday: Easy leftover pork fried rice with egg drop soup (use four eggs; one per person).
- Friday: Chicken sausage dinner salad with avocado pepperoncini dressing. (Serve over a mixed kale + spring mix base instead of on romaine, throw in some small-chopped broccoli & carrot for extra crunch, and substitute some green onion for the Parmesan.) On the side, easy cheesy enchilada rice topped with chopped green onion.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/5/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.78
Brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
Happy Farms 8 oz deli sliced Provolone, $1.99
Season’s Choice 12 oz steamable peas, $.79
L’Oven Fresh deli rolls, $1.89
Tuscan Garden pepperoncini, $1.49
Fusia soy sauce, $1.29
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.79
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
28 oz can Pueblo Lindo green enchilada sauce, $1.89
El Milagro medium flour tortillas, $.95
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas, $.69
Can Pueblo Lindo mild chopped green chiles, $.65
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.45
2.5 lb pork sirloin roast, $3.73
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.49
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $3.49
12 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.69
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.29
1 cucumber, $.49
Bunch green onions, $.89
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
24 oz baby potatoes, $2.29
4 Roma tomatoes, $.65
3 avocados, $2.97
That comes to $59.80.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/30-1/5 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/2-1/8 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/2/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/6/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great New Year’s gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.