February, it approaches — and this week’s free ALDI meal plan gets you almost through the first whole week of the month, how’s that for a deal? Enjoy everything from a hearty Tuscan style chicken soup to lemony pork chops & potatoes this week, and so much more.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/31/21 – 2/6/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, Heart Shaped Everything, and Specialty Planners
As always, let’s start with the top 20 ALDI Finds of the week! ALDI ads of course focus on Valentine’s Day and football food right now, from heart shaped pasta to heart shaped pizza to heart shaped cheese to… football shaped pizza, and more.
Were you able to find a specialty 2021 planner at ALDI this past week? Here’s a sneaky peek inside a couple of them, and my review.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/31/21 – 2/6/21
Without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/31/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/31/21
- Tuscan style chicken & white bean soup — while chopping your soup veggies, quick pan fry up a pound of chicken tenders in a little olive oil in the Dutch oven until cooked through — then, chop and use that cooked chicken in the soup recipe
- Toasted & buttered bagels on the side
- Sheet pan lemon garlic chicken with potatoes and carrots (use tenderloins instead of thighs)
- Easy beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini (use 4 oz regular spinach)
- Cups of leftover chicken & white bean soup
- Sneaky ground beef & mushroom tacos, served in taco shells & topped with cilantro, shredded cheddar and diced avocado (use 1 lb ground beef & 16 oz mushrooms)
- Southwest roasted potatoes
- Lemony pork chops, tomatoes, and potatoes (use red potatoes, & start checking pork for doneness at 20 minutes, since these chops are a bit thinner than the thick-cut ones in the original recipe)
- Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps (use mixed greens)
- Side salad — combine the garden salad with the rest of the mixed greens; top with the rest of the grape tomatoes, a little shredded cheddar, & chopped carrot & celery
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/30/21
Dairy & refrigerated
5 oz Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz block cheddar, $1.89
9 oz Priano 3 cheese tortellini, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh bagels, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.49
Stonemill 8 oz minced garlic in water, $1.99
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Casa Mamita taco shells, $1.09
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.98
2.5 lbs chicken tenderloin, $4.98
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
2 lbs center cut boneless pork chops, $6.98
2 lbs lemons, $3.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.29
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
8 oz fresh spinach, $1.35
5 oz Simply Nature organic mixed greens, $2.79
Graden salad, $1.39
Bunch cilantro, $.79
16 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.98
2 pints grape tomatoes, $3.78
5 Roma tomatoes, $.99
3 avocados, $1.77
That comes to: $60.56
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/24-1/30 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/27-2/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/31/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.