It’s your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/16/22: This week, we’re cooking up everything from slow cooker cheesy chicken chili to egg roll in a noodle bowl — plus, so much more!
How’s meal planning going so far this year? Never fear: I’m here to help! 🙂 As always, you’ll save time & money with meal planning, and relax in the knowledge that dinnertime decisions are covered.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/16/22 – 1/22/22
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and you may no longer dread the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Valentine’s Day candy, frozen chicken entrees, and… oddness!
ALDI Finds for the week of 1/12/22 include Valentine’s Day candy, gluten free pizza, almond butter pretzels, frozen chicken entrees, and affordable athletic shoes — plus so much more. See all of my favorite Finds of the week here.
Speaking of finds, take a little break and check out a few weird and fun Amazon products. (What’s up with this? Back in the day, I used to post one odd Amazon find each day, just for fun, or to keep in your back pocket for unusual or white elephant gifts. I recently revived this tradition over on the Mashup Mom Facebook page, where you’ll now find a new weird Amazon post every morning — and, I’ll be rounding them up every week on the site.)
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/16/22!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/16/22 – 1/22/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included the printable chopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/16/22
- Roasted broccoli, cauliflower, & chicken sausage casserole
- Cut up the pineapple
- Simple vegetarian white bean soup, topped with a little Parmesan
- Make a side salad with the rest of the bag of spinach + the garden salad, topped with chopped carrot & Italian dressing
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner (use Tuscan Garden dressing)
- Easy garlic cabbage & carrots
- Slow cooker cheesy chicken enchilada chili, topped with chopped green onion
- Scoop that up with tortilla chips
- Half of the grapes
- Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner
- The other half of the grapes
- Egg roll in a noodle bowl (use all 19.2 oz ground turkey)
- Shred the rest of your cheddar, cut up the rest of the broccoli into florets, and saute broccoli in butter + a little minced garlic over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Top it with shredded cheddar, add a little water to the skillet, cover, and cook another minute or so to melt the cheese and steam off the water. Serve!
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/15/22
Dairy & refrigerated
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $3.78
Emporium Selection shredded parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.59
Specially Selected salsa verde, $1.99
Clancy’s white round tortilla chips, $1.25
Tuscan Garden restaurant style Italian dressing, $1.99
32 oz box Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.79
7.05 oz box Simply Nature black soybean spaghetti, $2.59
2 cans Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $1.18
1 can Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, $.69
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.59
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.91
Never Any chicken apple sausage, $3.19
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $9.95
19.2 oz Kirkwood fresh ground turkey, $3.49
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
2 medium heads of cauliflower, $4.98
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.99
8 oz bag spinach, $1.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
Bunch green onions, $.79
16 oz bag of green beans, $1.89
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Head of cabbage, $1.80
That comes to: $65.29
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/9-1/15 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/12-1/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/16/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches! Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.