Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/14/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the new Almost All ALDI Facebook group, where we are sharing and chatting about recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Check out my Amazon shop, which is full of cooking-related gift ideas plus some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning!
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 1/14/18 – 1/20/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/14/18
- Sunday: Smoked sausage, zucchini, and spinach pasta (use half the zucchini). Serve with spring mix salad and the baguette. Also: Make a pot of rice to have ready for tomorrow’s recipe — fried rice works better with day-old cold rice. 🙂
- Monday: Easy shrimp fried rice served with egg drop soup and grapefruit halves (sprinkle with sugar for kids).
- Tuesday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders & veggies (use other half of zucchini), plus strawberries. Also steam up the rest of your bag of frozen peas (covered in the microwave with a little water), and stir in a little butter when hot.
- Wednesday: One pan cheesy chicken, broccoli, and rice (substitute tenderloin for breast, since you’re cutting into pieces anyway, and use vegetable broth). Serve with yellow squash & onions.
- Thursday: Vegetarian taco soup in the Crock-Pot. Throw the last 1.5 cups of your vegetable broth in as well, to give it a little more liquid, and substitute diced tomatoes with green chilies for the chopped green chiles. Top with shredded cheddar and a few chopped green onions and serve with blue corn tortilla chips and spring mix salad.
- Friday: Korean-style ground beef & spinach rice bowls. Serve with spring mix salad and carrot sticks.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/13/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.33
12 oz Happy Farms shredded sharp cheddar, $2.69
Season’s Choice frozen 16 oz peas, $.95
12 oz Reggano tri-colored rotini, $.79
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Fusia soy sauce, $1.49
Fusia Sriracha or Cook House Gochujang (your preference), $1.99
One 32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
One 32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.79
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Price kidney beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride pinto beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
1 can Happy Harvest stewed tomatoes, $.69
1 pack Casa Mamita taco seasoning mix, $.35
Casa Mamita 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.59
Specially Selected baguette, $1.69
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
SimplyNature blue corn tortilla chips, $1.69
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
12 oz peeled, deveined, tail-off shrimp, $5.39
2.5 lbs chicken tenderloin, $4.98
1 lb ground beef, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $1.09
20 oz zucchini, $.99
20 oz yellow squash, $.99
Two 5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $4.98
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
Green onions, $.69
16 oz broccoli, $1.59
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $3.49
Two grapefruit, $.98
That comes to $60.27.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/7-1/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/10-1/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/10/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/14/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!