It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/12/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
Vegetarian Finds, gluten free Finds, organization Finds… and more!
It’s a good week for vegetarian and gluten free ALDI Finds — beefless crumbles, chickenless strips, gluten free donuts, and so much more. All of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, here!
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 1/12/20 – 1/18/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/12/20
- Sunday: Turkey taco stuffed sweet potatoes. Serve topped with shredded cheddar and one chopped up avocado. On the side: Sliced pineapple, and half the bag of tortilla chips.
- Monday: Egg roll in a noodle bowl and half of the grapes.
- Tuesday: Ground turkey stir fry with cauliflower rice (use the orange bell pepper), along with the rest of the grapes.
- Wednesday: Vegetarian three bean + lentil chili, topped with shredded cheddar. Serve with the rest of the tortilla chips.
- Thursday: Chicken, avocado, & mozzarella chopped salad (cut up the 8 oz mozzarella, instead of using the seasonal mozzarella balls). Have cups of leftover chili on the side.
- Friday: Slow cooker lentil & smoked sausage soup. On the side, make a big crunchy chopped salad using the last heart of romaine, the rest of the bag of spinach, carrots, celery, a little finely shredded cabbage, and broccoli.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/11/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Emporium Selection fresh mozzarella ball, $2.49
12 oz bag Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.69
Fusia soy sauce, $1.59
32 oz box of SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz box of Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
7 oz SimplyNature organic black soybean spaghetti, $2.49
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
2 cans Happy Harvest black beans, $1.38
1 can Happy Harvest kidney beans, $.69
1 can Happy Harvest Great Northern beans, $.69
16 oz SimplyNature organic green lentils, $2.29
3 lb 90/10 Jennie-O ground turkey, $6.49
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.49
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
Bunch green onions, $.69
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
1 cucumber, $.49
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
3 hearts of romaine, $2.49
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
4 sweet potatoes, $2.40
Head of cabbage, $1.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
2 avocados, $.98
That comes to: $60.83.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/5-1/11 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/8-1/14 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/12/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Here are more ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general), also come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group.
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.