Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/16/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Pantry staples, anyone?
Some of you have been asking about good pantry staples to stock up on, so here’s my first stab at a pantry staples list. Let me know what you think, and what you might add or change!
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 7/16/17 – 7/22/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/16/17
- Sunday: Roasted chicken and vegetables, plus cherries.
- Monday: Zuppa Toscana inspired cream of mushroom soup (use the orange bell pepper). Top with shredded Parmesan, and serve with the baguette and half of the spring mix salad with vinaigrette.
- Tuesday: Chipotle turkey tacos. Top with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and one diced avocado, and serve with sliced cantaloupe.
- Wednesday: Pasta with sausage & kale (use the rest of your bag of kale, and substitute spaghetti for fettuccine). Serve with sauteed whole mushrooms with butter, garlic, and thyme.
- Thursday: Chipotle turkey chili. Top with shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips and blueberries.
- Friday: Steak salad — Salt and pepper the steak (or otherwise season as desired) and pan fry or grill medium rare. Let steak cool and slice into thin strips against the grain. Chop remaining romaine into bite-sized pieces, mix with the other half of the spring mix, and serve salad topped with steak, chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced onion, the rest of your baby carrots, Parmesan, sliced yellow bell pepper, and vinaigrette. Also: Make quesadillas with flour tortillas and shredded cheddar, cut into triangles, and serve with the salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/15/17
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Countryside Creamery heavy cream, $1.69
12 oz Happy Farms sharp shredded cheddar, $1.89
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
SimplyNature organic 32 oz vegetable stock, $1.79
Two cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
SimplyNature organic black beans, $.89
Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.55
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.25
16 oz SimplyNature organic spaghetti, $1.19
SimplyNature organic balsamic vinaigrette, $1.99
Specially Selected baguette, $1.49
Clancy’s tortilla chips, $1.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
Meat & seafood
3 lbs Jennie-O 85% lean ground turkey, $5.99
19 oz spicy Italian sausage, $1.99
1 lbs top sirloin steak, $4.99
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
3 pack multi-colored peppers, $1.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
Three packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.07
3 heads garlic, $1.19
5 lbs baking potatoes, $1.99
12 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.49
3 pack romaine hearts, $1.99
Hass avocado, $.89
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $2.99
Pint blueberries, $1.49
16 oz baby carrots, $.69
16 oz Washington red cherries, $1.49
That comes to $60.03
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** New: Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/9-7/15 in Sunday ad markets and 7/12-7/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/12/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/16/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!