Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/12/21: This week, we’re cooking up everything from a savory harvest vegetable stew, to a low carb taco casserole, to a sheet pan chicken dinner with Brussels sprouts & potatoes — & so much more!
It’s your latest free meal plan from Mashup Mom! Every week I bring you a brand new variety of ALDI recipes, as well as a brand new chance to save time & money with meal planning. Get dinner time covered, & try something different with your family.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 9/12/21 – 9/18/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Fall coffee, harvest squash, & caramel apple everything: What’s new this week?
Fall coffee, cheap letter boards, caramel apple cookies, and more — Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning on picking up!
And here’s round two of seasonal Fall Find Faves at ALDI: Squash, canned pumpkin, and so much more!
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/12/21.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 9/12/21 – 9/18/21
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 9/12/21
- Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes (cut up 1-2 regular carrots to taste, instead of using baby)
- Slice up some apples on the side
- Squash-age harvest vegetable stew
- Heat up the baguette on the side
- Half of the grapes
- Low carb taco casserole
- Slice up the rest of the apples
- Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes (use the whole pound of sprouts)
- The rest of the grapes
- Easy beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini (use 5 oz regular spinach)
- Side salad made with the garden salad + remaining spinach, topped with chopped green onion & chopped carrot
- Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner
- Also roast up a separate sheet pan of potatoes: Slice yellow potatoes into wedges and toss them with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. Pop that pan of potatoes into the oven at the same time as you start the cauliflower, stir the potatoes, when you add the chicken to the cauliflower pan, and continue cooking along with the cauliflower & chicken until browned on the outside, tender on the inside.
- Shred the last of your cheddar cheese. Combine with the remaining sour cream along with bacon bits and chopped green onion to taste, to make a dip for the potatoes.
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 9/11/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.49
2 containers Priano shredded Parmesan, $3.98
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.69
Specially Selected baguette, $1.79
2.5 oz Tuscan Garden bacon bits, $1.29
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Can of Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.59
Can of Happy Harvest cut green beans, $.49
Can of Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.49
14 oz Polska kielbasa, $2.39
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.23
2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, $6.58
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.73
3 lb bag gala apples, $2.99
2 lbs red grapes, $2.38
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
Bag of garden salad, $1.69
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $3.98
Bunch green onions, $.79
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $2.09
2 heads cauliflower, $3.98
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lb bag yellow potatoes, $2.99
1 medium acorn squash, $1.49
5 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
That comes to: $65.36
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/5-9/11 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/8-9/15 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/12/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.