Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/17/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Did you catch this series?
Check out this year’s posts outlining how I’ve (so far) lost 18 pounds and improved my well-being by avoiding sugar and emphasizing real foods! Shopping ALDI and cooking at home has been invaluable in this process; what a happy side effect of meal planning. 🙂
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful. This week we’ve got kind of a cilantro-lime/chili-lime theme going on — partially because I’ve been on a kick lately, and partially because most ALDI stores don’t sell single limes (so let’s make the most of a pound of limes!).
ALDI meal planning week of 9/17/17 – 9/23/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/17/17
- Sunday: Cilantro lime turkey burgers (substitute your 19 oz ground turkey for the original chicken) topped with cheddar, a sliced Roma tomato or two (reserve four for Tuesday), and sauteed onions. Serve with red grapes and carrot fries (reserve two large carrots for Thursday).
- Monday: Roasted vegetable tortellini bake (use half the red bell pepper and the whole orange pepper from your three pack and all 5 oz of the baby spinach; substitute can of chicken broth for veggie broth). Serve with strawberries and sourdough toast.
- Tuesday: Steak fajitas (use the rest of the red pepper, plus the yellow one). Serve on tortillas topped with the rest of your cheddar (shredded) and avocado slices. On the side, cucumber tomato salad (substitute yellow onion for red).
- Wednesday: Sheet pan chili-lime chicken drumsticks with baby potatoes & crispy kale, plus red grapes.
- Thursday: Instant Pot kale sausage soup (use stove top directions if you lack an Instant Pot). Serve with sourdough toast and sliced peaches.
- Friday: Cilantro lime chicken drumsticks. Serve with sliced peaches and garlic butter Parmesan roasted baby potatoes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/16/17
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.79
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano 5 oz shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Priano mozzarella, $2.69
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.83
1 can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
1 box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.59
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
19.2 oz Fit & Active 93% lean ground turkey, $2.99
1 lb top round steak, $5.99
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.76 (you’ll want about 12 drumsticks total)
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
Bunch cilantro, $.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
16 oz limes, $1.19
1 avocado, $1.39
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
Pint grape tomatoes, $.99
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
Seedless cucumber, $.49
Three pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.79
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
8 oz jalapeños, $.59
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
12 oz bag SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.49
Two packs 24 oz bite size medley potatoes, $3.58
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
1 lb strawberries, $1.49
2 lbs California peaches, $1.98
That comes to $60.75.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/10-9/16 in Sunday ad markets and 9/13-9/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/13/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/17/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!