Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/27/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
ALDI bits and bobs this week
Does anyone use these shopping bags that hook right into your cart? My kids are older now, but I think they might be a lifesaver if you’re trying to bag your own groceries at ALDI while shopping with little ones! Here are a few options with decent reviews to check out:
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes (shown above)
- Clip-to-cart grab bag shopping bag — or the two pack, here
- Four pack trolley shopping bags with insulated cooler bag
- Four pack grab bags — two standard + two insulated
Let me know how they work for you.
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 8/27/17 – 9/2/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/27/17
- Sunday: Roasted garlic lemon chicken and potatoes (chop up a couple baking potatoes to substitute for the small potatoes, and shred leftover chicken for Monday’s recipe when done). Side: Garlic roasted broccoli with Parmesan (pop in oven during the last 20 minutes of the chicken’s cooking time).
- Monday: Tortellini soup with chicken (top with a little Parmesan; use about 6 oz chopped baby carrots instead of two whole). Side: Sourdough toast and red grapes.
- Tuesday: Black bean & potato tacos topped with avocado, sour cream, & chopped green onion. Side: Chopped veggie salad (use half of your hearts of romaine, the rest of the baby carrots, half your bag of mini cucumbers, and celery).
- Wednesday: Lemony pork chops, tomatoes, and potatoes. Side: Red grapes, plus slice up the rest of your mini cucumbers.
- Thursday: Easy creamy chicken pasta with bell peppers (use red and orange bell pepper). Sides: Salad (with other half of the romaine) and mandarin oranges.
- Friday: Chipotle turkey chili (top with sour cream and chopped green onions). Side: Toast up the rest of your sourdough, plus mandarin oranges.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/26/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano 9 oz three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Countryside Creamery half & half, $1.79
Priano 5 oz shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.19
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
3 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $2.37
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.18
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.55
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Reggano rotini, $.79
Tuscan Garden EVOO salad dressing, $1.89
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
16 oz frozen chub ground turkey, $1.89
1.5 lbs thick cut pork chops, $4.49
4 lb whole chicken, $3.80
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
2 lbs lemons, $3.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
5 lb baking potatoes, $2.29
1 pint grape tomatoes, $.89
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.69
8 oz spinach, $1.49
Baby carrots, $.49
Green onions, $.89
3 pack hearts of romaine, $1.99
16 oz broccoli, $1.59
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
1 lb mini cucumbers, $1.29
3 lb mandarins, $2.49
That comes to $60.70.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/20-8/26 in Sunday ad markets and 8/23-8/29 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/23/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/27/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!