Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/9/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
And by the way…
If you are here because you enjoy saving money in general, you might also wish to join my Hot Deals group over on Facebook. Hope to see you over there! 🙂
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 7/9/17 – 7/15/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/9/17
- Sunday: Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks. Sides: Parmesan buttered rice (use 1 cup shredded), corn on the cob, and Rainier cherries.
- Monday: BBQ chicken naan pizza. Serve with blueberries and Italian salad.
- Tuesday: Mixed veggie fajitas (substitute mini sweet peppers for bell, and top with cilantro, salsa, & avocado). Serve with chips & salsa + sliced mangoes.
- Wednesday: Slow cooker Italian beef sandwiches with provolone (substitute the rest of the jar of mild pepper rings for pepperoncini). Side: Beef rice (use 4 oz fresh mushrooms and red onion).
- Thursday: Pork chops with red onion comfit (double recipe to serve four). Side: Sliced pineapple, plus saute two sliced zucchini & 4 oz sliced mushrooms in olive oil, salt, & pepper (add a little garlic if desired) over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Top with a little shredded Parmesan and cook another minute until cheese is melted, then serve.
- Friday: Italian sausage & zucchini over rice: Slice sausage into rounds and brown in a large skillet with half of a red onion, chopped, and four chopped garlic cloves. When sausage is browned, add your last couple of zucchini, sliced, and saute another few minutes. Add a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low; season to taste with oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, & pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes while you cook up a pot of rice, then serve sausage & zucchini mixture over cooked rice & top with shredded Parmesan. Side: Caesar salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/8/17
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Priano mozzarella, $1.99
Happy Farms sliced provolone, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Box of Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
Burman’s organic BBQ sauce, $1.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.49
Clancy’s white round tortilla chips, $1.19
Casa Mamita salsa, $1.49
6 pack Turano French rolls, $2.99
3 lb Earthly Grains white rice, $1.29
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.79
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.33
Meat & seafood
5 lb chicken drumsticks, $3.45
2 lb chuck roast, $6.98
2 lbs assorted pork chops, $4.48
19 oz Parkview Italian sausage, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
2 lb red onions, $1.99
Bunch cilantro, $.69
1 lb mini sweet peppers, $1.69
Two 8 oz mushrooms, $2.58
1 avocado, $1.29
Two mangoes, $.78
24 oz zucchini (generally 4 to a bag), $1.49
Pint blueberries, $1.49
Little Salad Bar Caesar salad kit, $1.99
Little Salad Bar Italian salad kit, $1.99
1 lb Rainier cherries, $1.99
4 ears corn, $.40
That comes to $59.96
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** New: Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/2-7/8 in Sunday ad markets and 7/5-7/11 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/5/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/9/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!