It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/7/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
ALDI also has your back this week, with a few handy ALDI Finds…
From Reusable Straws to Quarter Keepers
Check out a few of my favorite ALDI Finds this week, ranging from Crofton reusable straws, to cheap cheap cherries!
And, who picked up a $.99 keychain quarter keeper this week? (I have one from the last go-round, and it lives on my purse as an emergency backup, lol.)
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 7/7/19 – 7/13/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/7/19
Note: The regional Sunday ad I was working from when I drafted this listed boneless skinless chicken thighs on sale; when I got my own regional Weds. ALDI ad today, it had chicken tenderloins on sale instead. The grocery list includes my in-store chicken pricing for consistency, but if you are instead in a chicken thighs sale region, rejoice, as yours will be cheaper (and this is why a couple of meals include them this week). 🙂
- Sunday: Slow cooker garlic-lime chicken thighs, cut up half of the watermelon, and baked potatoes. (If it’s hot, use your toaster oven, Instant Pot, or microwave rather than the oven to bake the potatoes.)
- Monday: Easy vegetarian black bean chili, topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, a few tortilla strips (reserve the rest for tomorrow), and chopped green onions. On the side, cucumber salad with lime & cilantro (use yellow onion if you don’t have red on hand). Note: If you can’t find the tortilla strips in your store, substitute tortilla chips.
- Tuesday: Shrimp taco salad and the other half of the watermelon. Also tonight, do step one of tomorrow’s skillet potatoes recipe & refrigerate, to save time and effort tomorrow!
- Wednesday: Skillet pork chops with mushrooms & tomatoes along with easy skillet potatoes.
- Thursday: Creamy avocado pasta with chicken (garnish with green onions), cut up the cantaloupe, and heat up the baguette.
- Friday: Stove top chicken thighs (use vegetable broth, and garnish with cilantro rather than parsley if desired). On the side: simple sauteed spinach using a splash of lime juice instead of lemon.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/6/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Specially Selected take-and-bake baguette, $1.39
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
12 oz Reggano rotini, $.99
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.07
2 cans Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $1.30
Tuscan Garden tri-color tortilla strips, $1.29
3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, $3.87
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $6.23
1 lb boneless center cut pork chops, $3.49
12 oz Sea Queen USA Gulf shrimp, raw, peeled, & deveined (frozen), $6.89
Seedless watermelon, $3.29
16 oz limes, $1.89
Bunch cilantro, $.79
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 cucumbers, $1.18
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
12 oz bag garden salad, $1.19
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $.99
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.69
2 pints grape tomatoes, $3.78
3 avocados, $4.77
That comes to $60.41.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/30-7/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/3-7/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/3/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/7/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.