It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/21/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Quick before we get started:
Did you see the vegetarian finds in this week’s ALDI ad?
ALDI Finds for vegetarians in the current ad include dairy free ice cream and organic veggie burgers. This Earth Grown non-dairy frozen dessert is vegan, made with almond milk, and just $2.99 a pint.
See more vegetarian finds plus all my favorite ALDI Finds this week, including produce, dorm room, and back-to-school deals. Let me know what tempts you. 🙂
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 7/21/19 – 7/27/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/21/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker salsa chicken (use 2.5 lbs of chicken), served on tortillas with shredded cheddar, chopped onions, & two avocados. Have half the watermelon on the side.
- Monday: Cheesy chicken & spinach skillet, and on the side, bell pepper saute (substitute yellow onion for red; I’d add a little more garlic and some Italian seasoning to taste here).
- Tuesday: Loaded baked chicken nachos (substitute refried beans for black bean dip; dice up two Roma tomatoes + one avocado to top), plus the other half of the watermelon.
- Wednesday: Chopped tomato mozzarella salad with chicken sausage & avocado (substitute fresh mozzarella for balls), along with sourdough toast (reserve enough bread for sandwiches Friday), and cantaloupe.
- Thursday: Southwest salsa turkey burgers (substitute the regular salsa). Melt on some shredded cheddar and top w/ sliced onion; serve w/ side salad made with your last heart of romaine, plus the rest of your tortilla chips.
- Friday: Creamy tomato hummus soup, plus sourdough grilled cheese made with mozzarella & cheddar.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/20/19
Note — you’re ending up with a couple cups of broth left, because ALDI (at least in my area) apparently no longer stocks cans, only the boxes. Freeze the leftover broth for a future recipe.
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
16 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.29
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.99
8 oz ball Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.39
10 oz Little Salad Bar classic roasted red pepper hummus, $2.29
Specially Selected sourdough loaf, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
24 oz Casa Mamita salsa, $1.89
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
13 oz Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
Chef’s Cupboard bread crumbs, $.89
12 pack El Milagro medium flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
Can Casa Mamita refried beans, $.85
Packet Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.29
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61
19.2 oz ground turkey, $3.49
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
Whole seedless watermelon, $3.29
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 hearts of romaine, $2.29
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.69
4 avocados, $3.96
That comes to $60.97.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/14-7/20 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/17-7/23 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/17/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/21/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.