Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/30/21! This week, we’re cooking up everything from a satisfying ground turkey & zucchini pasta skillet to broiled Parmesan pork chops & broccoli — and so much more.
A newly delicious variety of recipes this week — And, every week provides another chance to save time & money with meal planning, have dinner time covered, and try something new with your family. Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/30/21 – 6/5/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Chindi Rugs, Pine Nuts, and more ALDI Finds
Affordable pine nuts, pretty Chindi rugs, lemon creme cookies, cold brew coffee… Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning on picking up.
Are Gardenline pruners from last week still in stock at your store? If so, I highly recommend them. See my review of Gardenline pruners and micro-pruners here.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/30/21 – 6/5/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/30/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/30/21
- Ground turkey & zucchini pesto pasta skillet
- Serve with the garlic bread
- Memorial Day BBQ! Grill up the brats; saute (or grill) up 2 sliced bell peppers, onions, & a little minced garlic in olive oil until softened, to top those brats; enjoy on buns with condiments of choice.
- Cut up half of the watermelon on the side; reserve the other half for Weds.
- And sour cream cucumber salad (substitute yellow onion) — Look at this recipe in the morning or early afternoon; slice & salt the cucumbers and leave them in the fridge for a while, so that they’re ready
- Cheesy summer corn soup
- Toasted bagels
- Any leftover pasta skillet from Sunday
- Broiled Parmesan pork chops & broccoli
- Cut up the rest of the watermelon
- Sheet pan pesto chicken drumsticks with green beans
- Cups of leftover summer corn soup from Tuesday
- Skillet pork chops with mushrooms & tomatoes
- Chop and steam the rest of the bag of green beans, then toss those with a little sauteed garlic & onion + shredded cheddar
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/29/21
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
5 oz Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.95
L’Oven Fresh Parmesan Romano garlic bread, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh hot dog buns, $.85
L’Oven Fresh bagels, $1.49
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Reggano 12 oz farfalle, $.99
6.7 oz Priano Genovese pesto, $2.29
6 oz Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $.59
19.2 oz Kirkwood 93% lean ground turkey, $3.99
2.5 lbs thin sliced boneless pork chops, $7.48
19 oz ALDI bratwurst, $3.49
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.23
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.78
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.49
1 lb green beans, $1.49
2 cucumbers, $1.18
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.89
20 oz zucchini, $1.19
1.5 lbs Roma tomatoes, $1.34
2 pints grape tomatoes, $3.78
Whole watermelon, $3.99
4 pack sweet corn, $1.99
That comes to: $60.90
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/23-5/29 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/26-6/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/30/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.