Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/2/21! This week, we’re cooking up everything from a hearty vegetarian elote tortilla casserole to a chopped chicken, avocado, & tomato salad — and so much more.
Every week provides another chance to cook along with us, save time & money with meal planning, and try something new with your family.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/2/21 – 5/8/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds — and how does my garden grow?
From Mother’s Day, to gardening, to Cinco de Mayo — check out 25+ top ALDI Finds of the week! What are you planning on picking up from this week’s special buys?
Spring has sprung… and you can see how ALDI has been helping me build my backyard oasis at my new home. Every week brings something else new & tempting in their gardening and outdoor Finds…
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/2/21 – 5/8/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/2/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/2/21
- Sheet pan chili-lime chicken drumsticks with baby potatoes & crispy kale (use half the bag of kale)
- Vegetarian elote tortilla casserole, with one sliced avocado
- Serve with sliced mangoes
- Low carb veggie fajita bowls with cilantro lime cauliflower rice (use one avocado)
- Slightly smashed garlicky black beans, topped with chopped green onion — you can also add these right into the fajita bowls to bulk them up
- Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner, topped with a little chopped green onion
- Sauteed kale (use the other half of the bag, and substitute lime juice for lemon)
- Slow cooker salsa chicken tacos (use 2 lbs chicken and 16 oz of the Casa Mamita salsa), served in tortillas with shredded cheddar, sour cream, 2 diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro and/or green onion
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped chicken avocado tomato cucumber salad (substitute regular cucumber — to stay under budget. Splurge on the mini ones if you’re feeling expansive this week. 🙂 )
- The other half of the tortilla chips, with the rest of the salsa
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/1/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.49
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $3.90
Season’s Choice elote-style corn, $2.19
Season’s Choice plain riced cauliflower, $1.99
Specially Selected 16 oz salsa verde, $1.99
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.85
Casa Mamita 24 oz salsa, $1.95
4 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.36
2 packs El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.96
Casa Mamita taco seasoning mix, $.39
2 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.58
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $8.03
1 lb limes, $1.99
2 mangoes, $.98
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
1 cucumber, $.69
Bunch cilantro, $.69
Bunch green onions, $.79
12 oz Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $2.99
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.70
1 head of cauliflower, $2.29
3 ct garlic heads, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
24 oz Dynamic Duo little potatoes, $2.99
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.69
4 avocados, $2.36
7 Roma tomatoes, $1.10
That comes to: $60.99
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/25-5/1 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/28-5/4 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/2/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.