Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/8/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Let’s just all pause for a minute, because: AVOCADOS!
How much are avocados by you this week, and how many are you going to buy? They’re $.69 each in Chicago-area ads, but I’ve heard prices as low as $.39 in some other areas of the country — and am now trying to keep my avocado envy under control.
I started with just six this morning, but you might be better able to answer the “how many avocados” question after remembering that you can freeze homemade guacamole. Make it a little prettier than mine by using red onion, too, but just wait to add the tomato until it’s thawed and ready to use.
Avocado sales do always remind me of this oldie but goodie: “Wait! I said you’re the GOOD kind of fat!”
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 4/8/18 – 4/14/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/8/18
- Sunday: Garlic rosemary pork roast & potatoes (reserve 1-1.5 cups chopped cooked pork for tomorrow’s recipe; also cook up a pot of rice and refrigerate it for tomorrow’s recipe). On the side, saute up half of the bag of kale.
- Monday: Easy leftover pork fried rice, mandarins, and make a kale salad topped with four hard or soft boiled eggs (your choice!) and a little chopped tomato. Note: To help mellow out the kale for salad, place it in a large bowl, add a little olive oil and a pinch of salt, then knead the leaves around gently with your hands for a couple of minutes until they soften slightly.
- Tuesday: Chicken burrito bowls. Top with sliced avocado, chopped green onions, and shredded cheddar. (Heck, if you are super hungry, also throw a fried egg on top of each.) Also: Simple tomato cucumber salad (substitute yellow onion for red) and mix together 4 oz softened cream cheese with salsa to taste and use as a dip for the tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: One pot Cajun chicken pasta (omit parsley garnish; use pre-shredded Parmesan), mandarins, and cook up the rest of your bag of peas in a saucepan with a little butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste and until heated through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Thursday: Turkey kielbasa chili. Top with shredded cheddar and some broken up tortilla chips (optional) and serve over baked potatoes, along with a little roasted zucchini and red grapes. (During the last 15 minutes or so that you’re baking your potatoes, also slice up half of your zucchini and toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, top with a little Parmesan, and bake at 425 degrees for about 12-15 minutes or until at desired tenderness.)
- Friday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders and veggies (just thin slice your chicken breast), and sliced cantaloupe.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/7/18
Dairy & refrigerated
One dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.18
Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice 16 oz peas, $.95
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.49
Reggano 12 oz penne pasta, $.79
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
10 oz Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.59
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
Two packs Fit & Active turkey kielbasa, $3.98
2.5 lb pork sirloin roast, $4.98
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61 (note: This is a 5-day sale; check ad dates!)
3 lb mandarins, $2.49
12 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $2.99
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.59
1 cucumber, $.59
Green onions, $.89
1 lb red grapes, $1.19
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
5 lb baking potatoes, $2.49
20 oz zucchini, $1.49
3 pack multi-colored peppers, $1.89
1 avocado, $.69
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $2.29
That comes to $60.30.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/1-4/7 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/4-4/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/4/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/8/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.