It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/14/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
It’s not ALL about the ALDI food…
The gardening stuff keeps sucking me in over at ALDI! You know how last week I picked up a garden cart? Well, after using it to trundle mulch and soil all over the other day, I also picked up a few spring bulbs — and am eyeing some of the other garden and patio items this week. Find my favorite picks in this week’s ALDI Finds highlights, and also help me decide what to do with this space, now that the backyard chickens are no more and Middle School Guy and I finally got the fence taken down…
And, since we are Almost All ALDI over here… I’m thinking they really should carry matzos as a special buy around this time of year. They don’t, but if you also cheated on ALDI with another grocery store this week to get yours, I also posted a fun little new recipe this week for everything but the bagel matzo crackers. Enjoy! 🙂
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 4/14/19 – 4/20/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/14/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker honey chipotle BBQ chicken sandwiches (reserve two cups cooked chicken for tomorrow’s recipe). Serve on hamburger buns topped with a few mild pepper rings and sliced cheddar (melt that onto the sandwiches using the microwave or toaster oven), with grapes and half the bag of tortilla chips on the side.
- Monday: BBQ chicken naan pizza (use yellow onion, if you don’t have red on hand). Slice up the mangoes on the side.
- Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken enchilada chili (use chicken thighs instead of breast) topped with cilantro, plus the rest of the tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: Chicken sausage dinner salad, and leftover chili. (Substitute brine from the mild pepper rings + a few of the pepper rings for the pepperoncini in the dressing.) Enjoy your salad and chili with oranges.
- Thursday: Smoked sausage, zucchini, & spinach pasta (use regular instead of baby spinach). Serve with a chopped side salad made with the last heart of romaine, any leftover spinach you didn’t use in the pasta, the yellow bell pepper, & two tomatoes.
- Friday: Vegetarian enchiladas verdes, oranges, and avocado slices.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/13/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms 8 oz cream cheese, $.89
2 blocks 8 oz cheddar, $3.38
8 oz block mozzarella, $1.69
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.65
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
12 oz Reggano rotini, $.79
28 oz can Pueblo Lindo green enchilada sauce, $1.89
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
Can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
2 cans Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.30
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.29
Parkview Polksa kielbasa, $2.29
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $7.61
Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $2.99
1 lb red grapes, $.89
4 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
2 mangoes, $.98
8 oz spinach, $1.19
3 hearts romaine, $1.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
Bunch cilantro, $.79
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
20 oz zucchini, $2.24
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
3 avocados, $2.67
6 Roma tomatoes, $.89
That comes to $60.86.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/7-4/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/10-4/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/10/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/14/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.