Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/11/21! This week, we’re cooking up everything from a hearty salsa verde chili, to a Caprese chicken & kale skillet — and so much more! Cook along with us, save time & money with meal planning, and try something new with your family.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 4/11/21 – 4/17/21
Use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks, and to help reclaim some of your precious time!
But first, what’s new this week?
GERMAN WEEK! …and more ALDI Finds
Here are the top 25+ ALDI Finds for the week of 4/7/21 — everything from garden veggies to organic chicken sausage, from a SOHL writing desk to a pretty little teapot — and so much more! That green chile sausage is calling my name…
And SPEAKING of this week’s ALDI Finds — German Week is back! They run this a couple of times a year, so check out all of the April 2021 ALDI German Week Finds. Pork schnitzel, German mustards, Bavarian soft pretzels, and so much more…
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/11/21 – 4/17/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/11/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/11/21
- Beef & sausage salsa verde chili, topped with shredded cheddar
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Half of the grapes
- Grilled cheese & tomato naan — combine 4 oz shredded mozzarella and 4 oz sliced cheddar, instead of using all mozzarella
- Serve with leftover chili from Sunday, and any leftover tortilla chips
- Keema inspired ground beef quesadillas
- Heat up the rest of the bag of peas in a saucepan with a little salt, pepper, and butter to taste
- 30 minute kielbasa tortellini soup (substitute the rest of the kale for spinach)
- The rest of the grapes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/10/21
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.99
8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $1.95
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Season’s Choice 16 oz peas, $.95
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
Specially Selected salsa verde, $1.95
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.85
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Can Simply Nature organic pinto beans, $.89
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.59
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Priano rosso pesto, $2.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
16 oz Appleton Farms hot pork sausage roll, $1.99
14 oz Polska kielbasa, $2.49
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.92
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.89
16 oz Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $2.89
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
16 oz green beans, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
4 Roma tomatoes, $.90
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.75
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/4-4/10 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/7-4/13 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/11/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.