Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/7/21! This week, you’ll enjoy everything from pasta Florentine with salmon, to sheet pan chicken & asparagus, to a hearty broccoli cheddar soup with sausage — and so much more.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 3/7/21 – 3/13/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds — St. Patrick’s Day Cheese and so much more
Lucky Charms cookie dough, yay, or nay? This and 25+ more top ALDI Finds of the week — check out my picks, and let me know what strikes your eye from this week’s special buys.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 3/7/21 – 3/13/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/7/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 3/7/21
- Broccoli cheddar soup with sausage (use red onion)
- Side salad made with one chopped heart of romaine, topped with chopped green onions, chopped carrot, sliced black olives (reserve 1/2 cup for tomorrow), and feta crumbles (reserve 1/2 cup for tomorrow)
- Pasta salad with white beans & asparagus
- Half of the grapes
- Chicken avocado mozzarella chopped salad with Greek vinaigrette (chop mozzarella block and substitute for the mozzarella balls; use 1-2 vine-ripe tomatoes instead of Roma)
- The other half of the grapes
- Any leftover pasta salad from Monday
- Sheet pan chicken asparagus dinner
- Carrots need butter & thyme — slice regular carrots into sticks, and substitute for baby; start these in the oven about 15 minutes before putting in the chicken + asparagus
- Chicken and bell pepper saute (use red & orange bell pepper, and garlic powder + black pepper if you don’t have garlic pepper on hand)
- On the side, pasta with broccoli — Cook up 8 oz the fettucine in salted water according to package directions, reserving one cup pasta water when you drain it. Meanwhile, chop the rest of your broccoli small. Stir fry the broccoli in olive oil over medium heat until tender, adding minced garlic, sea salt, and crushed red pepper to taste about halfway through cooking. Drain the pasta and toss it in the skillet with the broccoli and 1/2 cup Parmesan until cheese is melted, thinning out with reserved pasta water as necessary. Season with black pepper.
- Pasta Florentine with salmon (use fettuccine & red onion)
- Make ultimate garlic bread (using shredded Parmesan)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 3/6/21
Dairy & refrigerated
1/2 gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.29
Happy Farms 7 oz deli sliced Swiss, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms sharp cheddar cheese block, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella cheese block, $1.99
4 oz Emporium Selection feta cheese crumbles, $2.19
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
Burman’s dijon mustard, $1.59
Specially Selected Greek vinaigrette, $2.69
6 oz can Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie) pasta, $.99
16 oz Priano bronze cut fettuccine, $1.09
Can Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $.59
4.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.18
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
16 oz Fremont Fish Market wild caught pink salmon, $4.19 (frozen)
2 lbs red grapes, $1.90
2 lbs asparagus, $2.78
3 hearts romaine, $2.49
8 oz spinach, $1.49
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 lbs red onions, $1.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
1 avocado, $.79
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $2.24
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.53
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/28-3/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/3-3/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/7/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.