Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/27/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from sausage, egg, & spinach hand pies to many mushroom quesadillas — and, so much more.
Every meal plan (even this one!) includes six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door. Use these easy family recipes to help save time & money with meal planning, and to help take the stress out of dinnertime decisions.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 3/27/22 – 4/2/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Hawaiian crescents and Easter candy
ALDI Finds for the week of 3/23/22 include Easter candy, Hawaiian crescent rolls, crab cakes, and so much more. Check out all of my favorite Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
And over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from a banana phone to a giant cookie pillow, and more!
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/27/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 3/27/22 – 4/2/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 3/27/22
- Sausage, egg, & spinach hand pies — add 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, if using non-hot breakfast sausage
- Slice up the strawberries on the side
- Many mushroom quesadillas
- Easy black bean soup (use chicken broth), topped with chopped green onion
- Half the tortilla chips
- Smoked sausage & veggies skillet
- Toast up some of the Italian bread on the side
- Beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini — Use 4 oz regular spinach, instead of 5 oz baby
- Make garlic bread with the rest of the loaf of Italian bread — use butter & garlic salt
- Easy chipotle chili (make this with ground beef instead of ground turkey & drain the beef after browning), topped with shredded cheddar + chopped green onion
- The rest of the tortilla chips
- Smoked salmon, avocado, and ricotta frittata — use the last 7 eggs; it’s OK to use one less when you have to!
- Slice up the mangoes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 3/26/22
Dairy & refrigerated
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms cheddar, $3.78
Priano shredded Parmesan, $2.19
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.89
Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $1.69
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.27
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust, $1.69
9 oz Priano 3 cheese tortellini, $2.99
Clancy’s tortilla chips, $1.25
L’Oven Fresh Italian bread, $1.79
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $1.29
4 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.76
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.92
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $7.98
16 oz Appleton Farms pork sausage roll, $2.49
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.29
Specially Selected 3 oz smoked salmon, $4.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
1.25 lbs zucchini, $1.61
8 oz spinach, $1.59
3 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $5.07
2 lbs strawberries, $3.98
Bunch green onions, $.79
7 Roma tomatoes, $1.40
1 avocado, $1.09
2 mangoes, $1.78
That comes to: $65.81
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/20-3/26 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/23-3/29 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, and non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/27/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.