Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/4/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group, where we are sharing and chatting about recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out my Amazon shop, which is full of cooking-related gift ideas, plus some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning!
- Pantry staples to stock up on, and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your regional ALDI ad here.
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 2/4/18 – 2/10/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 2/4/18
- Sunday: Some kind of big game or something on tonight, I think 😉 — so let’s do… BBQ red pepper jelly spareribs (substitute chicken broth for the beer), tortilla chips with guacamole (use tomato, since you won’t be freezing it), and a bowl of mixed strawberries & blueberries.
- Monday: Vegetarian black bean chili (use red onion instead of yellow). Top with sour cream, chopped green onion, and cheddar, and serve with cilantro lime rice (made w/ the rest of the vegetable broth), plus a couple of sliced tomatoes topped with a little salt (reserve one tomato for Tues).
- Tuesday: Spice rubbed fish tacos (substitute red onion for yellow). Serve in tortillas topped with chopped tomato, chopped green onion, avocado, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. On the side: Cucumber salad with lime & cilantro.
- Wednesday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (use red onion instead of yellow). On the side: Sauteed green beans (reserve 4 oz of the bag for Friday).
- Thursday: Brats with sauteed bell peppers & red onions (use two of the bell peppers and saute them in olive oil with a sliced onion and a little garlic, while you cook the brats in a separate pan). Serve brats topped with peppers & onions on hot dog buns, with your Caesar salad kit on the side.
- Friday: Sweet & tangy chicken vegetable stir fry. Serve sliced mango on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 2/3/18
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar cheese, $1.79
Season’s Choice 12 oz steamed broccoli stir fry veggies, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh hot dog buns, $.83
Specially Selected red pepper jelly, $1.99
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $.99
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.79
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
2 cans SimplyNature organic black beans, $1.78
10 oz Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chiles, $.59
4 lb pork spareribs, $7.96
3 lbs chicken tenderloins, $5.97
1 lb fresh tilapia, $5.79
19 oz Parkview brats, $1.99
16 oz limes, $1.69
2 mangoes, $1.78
Little Salad Bar Caesar salad kit, $1.99
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.49
Bunch cilantro, $.69
Green onions, $.89
Pint blueberries, $1.79
16 oz strawberries, $2.99
2 cucumbers, $.58
3 heads garlic, $1.09
2 lb red onions, $.79
16 oz green beans, $1.59
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $1.69
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.49
3 avocados, $1.47
That comes to $60.52.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/28-2/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/31-2/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/31/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/4/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!