It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/23/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
Keto ice cream, cushy kitchen mats, and… Are Your Recipes Healthy?
It’s both Italian week and “food trends” week in ALDI Finds this time, so we’re treated to everything from eggplant Parmesan to keto ice cream pints. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week!
I’m often asked whether the recipes in these meal plans are “healthy.” Here are my thoughts on what healthy food even means in 2020 — and, I’d love to hear yours as well.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 2/23/20 – 2/29/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 2/23/20
Sunday: Greek chicken with sweet potatoes & kale, and slice up the cantaloupe on the side.
Monday: Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps (substitute a little spinach for spring mix). On the side, have half the bag of baby carrots, plus clementines.
Tuesday: Easy spice rubbed fish tacos (substitute lemon juice to taste for the lime). Chop up the rest of the grape tomatoes & some green onion & shred cheddar to top. Serve with simple sauteed spinach (cook up the rest of the bag from Monday), plus half the bag of tortilla chips.
Wednesday: Sheet pan gnocchi with sausage & veggies, clementines.
Thursday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes (use the 24 oz little potatoes), along with roasted broccoli with Parmesan (use shredded Parmesan; start roasting about 20 minutes before chicken is done so that everything finishes at the same time).
Friday: Chipotle turkey chili. Top with shredded cheddar and chopped green onion, and serve with the rest of the tortilla chips plus the garden salad.
Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/22/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.65
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.69
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.98
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
17.6 oz Priano gnocchi of choice, $1.79
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.35
4 lbs bone-in split chicken breast, $3.96
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.07
19.2 oz Kirkwood fresh 93% lean ground turkey, $3.89
1 lb fresh tilapia, $5.79
3 lbs clementines, $2.39
2 lbs lemons, $2.89
Bunch green onions, $.69
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
8 oz mushrooms, $.99
12 oz Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $3.19
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Garden salad, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
24 oz Dynamic Duo potatoes, $2.99
2 medium sweet potatoes, $1.04
1 avocado, $.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.33.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, this should open in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/16-2/22 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/19-2/25 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/23/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.