It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/30/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
ALDI is now on Ibotta!
Wait, what? ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.) This is brand new and there is not a lot of non-name brand stuff in there at the moment, but after you select ALDI in the app, you can search for “any” brand offers to see what’s available.
For instance, today in mine: $.25 back on ANY item (reset from last week), $.25 back on walnuts, $.25 back on prunes, $.25 back on sports drinks, $.25 back on cottage cheese, $.25 back on beer… and every little bit counts, right?!
ALDI meal planning week of 12/30/18 – 1/5/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
*** Yes, Monday is New Year’s Eve — so instead of what I have suggested as a normal weeknight dinner here, you can of course totally skip a night, make Tuesday your pizza night instead of Saturday, eat appetizers all night long, or whatever your own tradition is. ;)
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/30/18
- Sunday: Lazy Sunday pork + vegetable stew, sourdough toast, oranges.
- Monday: Italian chicken thighs with zucchini + red potatoes (cut down to 12 oz zucchini to reserve 8 oz for Thurs), sliced mangoes.
- Tuesday: Mushrooms, black beans, & spinach veggie burritos topped with extra salsa + two sliced avocados). On the side, taco seasoned roasted potatoes (double recipe; use red potatoes, two baking sheets, the whole packet of taco seasoning, and shredded Parmesan to taste).
- Wednesday: Roasted broccoli pasta with chicken and mushrooms (use 1 lb tenders), plus garlic bread made with the rest of your sourdough.
- Thursday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders + veggies, oranges — and if you have leftover taco roasted potatoes from Tues, they would also go well here.
- Friday: Sausage & sweet potato sheet pan dinner (use 16 oz broccoli instead of 8 oz, and omit mushrooms). On the side, garden salad chopped with the rest of your bag of spinach as well as chopped carrot, broccoli, celery, and shredded cheddar. Also, enjoy any oranges you have left.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/29/18
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
SimplyNature organic salsa of choice, $1.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.29
12 oz Reggano rotini, $.79
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can cut Happy Harvest green beans, $.49
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.59
1 packet Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.29
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
2.5 lbs chicken tenderloins, $4.98
1.5 lbs boneless thick cut pork chops, $4.49
4 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
2 mangoes, $.98
8 oz bag spinach, $.99
Bag garden salad, $.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $3.38
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $3.98
3 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.97
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
20 oz pack of zucchini, $1.49
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.49
1 sweet potato, $.89
2 avocados, $2.07
That comes to $60.92.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/23-12/29 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/26-1/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 12/26/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/30/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great New Year’s gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.