It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/2/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Welcome back to meal planning!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving week with family and friends, and that it went more smoothly than Bad Kitty Lucy’s introduction to her canine cousin while my own family was visiting. I’m so glad to be back meal planning with you this week, but can’t believe we are this close to Chanukah (!) and Christmas already.
On that note, if you’re looking for deals on holiday gifts, be sure to come join us in the Mashup Mom “hot deals” group on Facebook. We’ll help you extend your savings this year — beyond what you’re already saving on your groceries from ALDI!
ALDI meal planning week of 12/2/18 – 12/8/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/2/18
- Sunday: Oven baked BBQ chicken (substitute thighs for drumsticks and check for doneness at 50 minutes; shred & reserve 2 cups leftover chicken for tomorrow night). On the side, sliced apples and Parmesan pesto roasted potatoes (cut these larger potatoes smaller than quarters and put in at the same time and temp as chicken; might need to increase cooking time a little).
- Monday: Tortellini cannellini creamy tomato beany soup (use red onion and regular spinach), topped with Parmesan. Serve with the baguette.
- Tuesday: BBQ chicken naan pizza and apple slices.
- Wednesday: Creamy pesto pasta with chicken & broccoli (use more chicken, broccoli, pasta, 5 oz cream cheese, and a little extra broth & pesto). Top with Parmesan and serve with garden salad.
- Thursday: Four ingredient slow cooker Italian beef with provolone (substitute the rest of the jar of mild pepper rings for the pepperoncini, and the rest of your can of chicken broth for beef). Serve with skillet red potatoes (since you’ll have bigger potatoes, roughly chop them, and substitute cilantro for the parsley).
- Friday: Italian beef burritos: Slice half an onion and saute it in olive oil with 8 oz sliced mushrooms. Stir in your leftover Italian beef and continue to saute until you get some nice browned crispy bits. Serve in warmed tortillas with shredded cheddar, the last of your cilantro, and avocado, with sliced pineapple on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/1/18
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
9 oz Priano five cheese refrigerated tortellini, $1.99
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.39
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms deli sliced provolone, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
12 oz Season’s Choice broccoli florets, $1.19
Bake Shop French baguette, $1.69
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
L’Oven Fresh deli rolls, $1.89
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.49
Bottle Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
15 oz can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
12 oz Reggano bowtie pasta (farfalle), $.79
Priano pesto, $2.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
15 oz Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.69
4.5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.56
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
3 lb chuck roast, $8.97
3 lbs Michigan Gala apples, $1.39
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.69
Garden salad, $.79
Bunch cilantro, $.59
2 lbs red onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $60.28.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/25-12/1 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/28-12/4 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/28/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/2/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great holiday gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.