Happy meal planning… all the way up through the week before Christmas! Hope that this week’s menu plan (from 12/13/20-12/19/20) helps add a bit of calm to the pre-holiday storm.
HEADS UP: Since the next two weeks will take us across both Christmas and New Year’s, with all of their associated holiday feasts and food, I will be taking the next two weeks off of meal planning in order to spend time with my family. The next new ALDI meal plan will be for the week of 1/3/21 — Happy New Year! 🙂
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 12/13/20 – 12/19/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Christmas cards, quiche, and more ALDI Finds
Did you know ALDI sometimes sells good-sized cards for just $.99 apiece? Check out my review of this year’s ALDI Christmas cards.
And here are my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, ranging from a whole take-and-bake quiche, to big jars of herring, to holiday cat scratch houses. What are you going to pick up?
ALDI Meal Planning week of 12/13/20 – 12/19/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/6/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 12/13/20
- Cheesy chicken & spinach skillet
- Parmesan roasted zucchini — put in the oven at the same time as the skillet; reserve one zucchini for Weds.
- Roasted vegetable tortellini bake (use chicken broth)
- Carrots need butter & thyme (cut carrots into sticks instead of using baby ones; start them in the oven 10-15 minutes before you put the tortellini in to bake)
- Smoked sausage & white bean chili, topped with the last of the mozzarella
- Heat up the baguette
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 12/12/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick cream cheese, $1.29
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
9 oz Priano 3 cheese tortellini, $1.99
Season’s Choice 12 oz riced cauliflower, $1.89
Specially Selected baguette, $1.49
1 can Tuscan Garden quartered artichoke hearts, $1.89
48 oz Simply Nature organic chicken broth, $1.99
1 can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.59
1 can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
2 cans Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.38
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $4.58
16 oz frozen Kirkwood ground turkey, $1.99
3.75 lbs chicken tenderloin, $7.46
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.78
8 oz mushrooms, $1.79
2 lbs zucchini, $3.98
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.49
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.39
3 ct multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.49
1 avocado, $.59
2 medium Roma tomatoes, $.40
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.55
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/6-12/12 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/9-12/15 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/6/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.