Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/12/21: This week, we’re cooking up everything from ham & spinach hand pies to chicken burrito bowls — and so much more!
It’s one of the last ALDI meal plans for 2021, so let’s make the most of it! I’m hungry just looking at this one, myself: Save time & money with meal planning, and relax in the knowledge that dinnertime decisions are covered.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 12/12/21 – 12/18/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and you may no longer dread the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new at ALDI this week?
Grouch trees, holiday gnocchi, herring, and ham!
From big jars of herring to holiday pasta, from grouch trees to cheap spiral hams: Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning to buy.
Now that we’re caught up with that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/12/21!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 12/12/21 – 12/18/21
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a list in the printable grocery list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 12/12/21
- Enjoy this week’s affordable ham! Make yours in the Crock-Pot, heat it up per package directions, or use your own fave method.
- Oven roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic
- Crescent rolls
- Also, cook up a pot of rice and refrigerate for tomorrow’s recipe
- Leftover ham fried rice (substitute leftover ham for the pork in this recipe, and 4-5 baby carrots instead of a regular one)
- Sauteed broccoli with garlic (stir in a a little soy sauce at the end, if desired)
- Egg drop soup
- Chicken burrito bowls, topped with 2 avocados, chopped green onion, chopped grape tomatoes, chopped onion, and shredded cheddar
- Half of the tortilla chips, with the rest of the salsa
- Slice up the mangoes
- Ham hand pies with spinach (use regular spinach instead of baby)
- Carrots need butter & thyme, with the rest of the bag of baby carrots (start these in the oven 5-10 minutes before putting in the hand pies)
- Korean style ground beef & spinach rice bowls (use regular spinach)
- Easy garlic green beans with soy sauce
- Creamy smoked sausage & white bean chili, topped with shredded cheddar and and any remaining green onion, chopped
- Side salad, made with the rest of the spinach & topped with three sliced hard boiled eggs, any remaining grape tomatoes, and one chopped avocado
- The rest of the tortilla chips
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 12/11/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.09
8 oz block Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
Bake House Creations crescent rolls, $1.19
Bake House creations pie crust, $1.69
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.49
12 oz bag Season’s Choice steamable peas, $.79
16 oz Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $1.99
Clancy’s white round tortilla chips, $1.25
Fusia Asian Inspirations soy sauce, $1.29
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.19
48 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.69
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
2 cans Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.58
Can of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Can of Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, $.69
Can of Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $.69
Can of Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.59
11 lb Appleton Farms spiral sliced ham, $9.35
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $4.49
1 lb chub 85% lean ground beef (frozen), $3.69
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.39
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.99
2 mangoes, $1.18
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $3.18
1 lb green beans, $1.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
1 lb baby carrots, $.95
18 oz broccoli crowns, $2.58
3 heads garlic, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.79
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
3 avocados, $1.77
That comes to: $65.19
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/5-12/11 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/8-12/14 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/12/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.