It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/10/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI food fun first…
Say CHEESE! Plus: Savory pie crust and sweet Halloween cookies
Say cheese! It’s ALDI charcuterie board season — see some tips on putting together your own, along with some examples of seasonal cheeses and more to use in their creation.
Speaking of seasonal, here are ten great recipes using ALDI Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust. Mostly savory, beyond your basic pie. 🙂
And our last seasonal thought, on the “almost” all ALDI note — if you have leftover Halloween candy lying around this year, you can think about throwing together a batch of these super easy four ingredient peanut butter cookie Snickers bars. So dangerous, you guys…
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 11/10/19 – 11/16/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/10/19
- Sunday: Squash-age harvest vegetable stew, baguette, half the bag of grapes.
- Monday: Easy vegetarian black bean chili topped with shredded cheddar, chopped cilantro, and chopped avocado, with the rest of the grapes on the side. Note: You can chop up a jalepeño or two to top the chili as well, if you like the spicy.
- Tuesday: Roasted chile-lime chicken + potatoes (use yellow potatoes), along with pan-roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon (use regular bacon).
- Wednesday: Potato soup with spinach — and lots of bacon, along with apple slices and salad topped with diced tomato and cucumber.
- Thursday: Slow cooker garlic lime chicken thighs and garlic mashed potatoes (use the last pound, 2 tsp minced garlic for cloves, & vegetable for chicken broth).
- Friday: Cilantro lime chicken burgers topped with avocado, sliced cheddar, sliced tomatoes, and any other favorite burger toppings. Serve with carrot fries (make with the rest of your carrots) and apple slices.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/9/19
Dairy & refrigerated
6.5 oz Emporium garlic herb gourmet spreadable cheese, $2.99
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Two boxes 32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $2.98
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
Can Happy Harvest green beans, $.49
6 oz Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.45
Can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chiles, $.65
Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.79
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
16 oz Appleton Farms bacon, $3.79
16 oz ground chicken, $2.89
5.5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $4.35
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.29
2 lbs limes, $2.49
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
2 lb acorn squash, $1.18
Bunch cilantro, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
8 oz spinach, $1.39
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.69
Bag of salad, $1.99
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $2.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.19
5 lb yellow potatoes, $3.49
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
4 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
4 avocados, $2.76
That comes to $59.65.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/3-11/9 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/6-11/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/10/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.