Somehow… some way… this week’s ALDI meal plan takes us all the way through Halloween. Halloween! That’s sneaking up on us. So yes, there are some Fall recipes this week, as we take advantage of seasonal produce sales and comfort food cravings.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 10/25/20 – 10/31/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Everything Bagel Dip, Charcuterie Season, and Affordable Halloween Pumpkins!
Find the most beautiful and most affordable Halloween pumpkins at ALDI! Plus, check out an easy recipe for your own pumpkins this year: How to make roasted pumpkin seeds.
It’s MASHUP week at ALDI: Everything from Moscow Mule chips to Everything bagel dip. Plus, Charcuterie Season is back, as are air fryers and real maple syrup — and, try their new donut stick dough or skillet cookies. Read all about these, and more of my favorite Finds of the week.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 10/25/20 – 10/31/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/25/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 10/25/20
Note: You can freeze the other half of the ground beef on Sunday and thaw on Thursday, instead of leaving it open in your fridge.
- Easy cheesy beautiful spaghetti squash skillet
- Make garlic bread, using half of the sourdough — or quick garlic toast in a toaster oven: Butter the slices, shake on some garlic salt, and toast until slightly browned
- Ricotta frittata with spinach & mushrooms
- Toast up English muffins on the side, and also have
- The blueberries
- Slow cooker salsa chicken — use 2 lbs chicken, serve chicken tacos in pan-warmed tortillas, and top with shredded cheddar, avocado, and tomato
- Serve with Mexican roasted broccoli
- Bacon-wrapped chicken (use 2 lbs chicken)
- Chop up and steam the rest of the broccoli until crisp-tender, then melt on some shredded cheddar
- Half of the peaches
- Basic easy chili — throw half of the hot sausage roll in with the ground beef while browning for an extra punch, and top bowls with shredded cheddar to serve
- Toast up the rest of the sourdough
- Sausage, egg, & spinach hand pies (use four eggs total; just reserve a very little of the raw egg & mix that with a little water to do the egg wash on the crust)
- Slice up the rest of the peaches
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/24/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.00
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mild cheddar, $3.99
Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $1.69
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.85
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust, $1.69
Specially Selected sourdough square loaf, $2.99
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.19
16 oz Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $1.89
Reggano Simply marinara sauce, $1.49
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.98
Can of Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.39
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.98
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.76
12 oz Appleton Farms center cut bacon, $3.99
Appleton Farms hot pork sausage roll, $2.49
2 lbs peaches, $2.58
Pint blueberries, $2.49
2.5 lb spaghetti squash, $1.73
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.19
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.78
8 oz fresh spinach, $1.35
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.24
2 avocados, $1.58
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $59.75
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/18-10/24 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/21-10/27 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/25/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.