Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/24/21: This week, we’re cooking up everything from yogurt-marinated chicken drumsticks to a vegetarian elote tortilla casserole — and so much more!
Welcome back to weekly free ALDI meal plans, everyone! As always, you’ll find a brand new variety of ALDI recipes — and a brand new chance to save time & money with meal planning. Get dinner time covered, and try something different with your family.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 10/24/21 – 10/30/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and you may no longer dread the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Donut Sticks, Sesame Oil, Naan, and more ALDI Finds Fun
Toasted sesame oil, donut sticks, churros, and so much more — Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning to buy!
And speaking of special buys — if you’re wondering how the naan in this week’s ALDI Finds compares to the naan they regularly stock, you’ll want to check out my compare-and-contrast ALDI naan review.
What else is new around here? Well, on the “almost” all ALDI note, sometimes I like to talk about what I’ve been reading — and, I always like to hear about what you’ve been reading and get new ideas and recommendations. Check out my latest mini book review of The End of Men, plus another couple book ideas at the end.
Now we’re caught up, so, without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/24/21.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 10/24/21 – 10/30/21
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 10/24/21
- Yogurt marinated chicken drumsticks
- Lemon glazed carrots (reserve a couple uncooked medium carrots for tomorrow)
- Easy spice rubbed fish tacos (substitute lemon juice for lime), topped with shredded cheddar, diced onion, and chopped tomatoes
- Leftover stew from Monday
- Gyros inspired pasta
- Side salad
- Beef & sausage salsa verde chili, topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt
- Apple slices
- Vegetarian elote tortilla casserole, topped with one chopped avocado
- Apple slices
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/23/21
Note: I was having a heck of a time balancing this week’s budget, given increases in produce and meat prices. If you have some ingredients already on hand and/or some wiggle room in your budget, a couple of optional items I would add to this list to elevate the meals include: A bunch of green onions ($.79, for the pasta, casserole, tacos, and chili) and a couple more avocados ($.89 each, for the casserole and tacos).
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms 32 oz plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.49
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.49
4 oz Emporium Selection feta crumbles, $2.29
Season’s Choice elote style corn, $2.19
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
2 jars 16 oz Specially Selected salsa verde, $3.98
2 packs El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.96
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.99
Can Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.59
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
Can Simply Nature organic pinto beans, $.99
Can Happy Harvest cut green beans, $.49
2 cans Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.98
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.79
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
3.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $5.22
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $6.98
16 oz roll Appleton Farms hot pork sausage, $2.49
1 lb fresh tilapia fillets, $3.89
3 lbs gala apples, $1.99
2 lbs lemons, $3.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.98
Bag Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
1 medium acorn squash, $.90
3 Roma tomatoes, $.60
1 avocado, $.89
That comes to: $65.86
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/17-10/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/20-10/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/24/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.