It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/20/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
Halloween cheese, a $60 stand mixer, and more
ALDI meal planning week of 10/20/19 – 10/26/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/20/19
- Sunday: Paprika roasted chicken and potatoes, plus roasted Brussels sprouts & butternut squash (substitute 1.5 tsp dried thyme for fresh, cook at 400 degrees along with the chicken; might require slightly longer cooking time than original recipe). Shred two cups of the cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe.
- Monday: Butternut squash + kale browned butter pasta with the baguette on the side, plus slice up half of the peaches.
- Tuesday: Italian chicken, veggie, and pasta skillet, with salad on the side, plus slice up the other half of the peaches.
- Wednesday: Simple chicken kale mushroom stir fry (use 1.5 lbs chicken), served over cauliflower rice. with egg drop soup on the side (use up to four eggs, if desired).
- Thursday: Cheesy chicken + spinach skillet along with roasted zucchini & potatoes. (Use 1.5 lbs potatoes and the rest of your zucchini; cook at 400 degrees and start roasting 20 minutes before you put the chicken in the oven; start checking for done-ness at around 30 minutes. I’d throw some Parmesan on there, too!)
- Friday: Smoked salmon scramble and crisp sauteed red potatoes (try doing these in a Dutch oven to reduce splatter, if you have one, cut up larger red potatoes into smaller pieces, and garnish with green onion).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/19/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.98
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.49
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.89
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
12 oz Reggano bowtie pasta (farfalle), $.79
16 oz Reggano penne pasta, $.79
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $8.72
3 oz Specially Selected smoked salmon, $3.99
2 lbs peaches, $1.98
4 lb butternut squash, $2.36
Bunch green onions, $.89
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $2.79
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $3.78
12 oz bag SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.19
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Bagged salad of choice, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
20 oz zucchini, $1.99
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.49
That comes to $60.82.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/13-10/19 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/16-10/22 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/15/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/20/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.