Who’s hungry for meal planning? Let’s keep rocking through October with comfort food meals for fall: This week’s ALDI menu plan takes us from dinner on Sunday 10/18, all the way through dinner on Saturday 10/24.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 10/18/20 – 10/24/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Fiddle Leaf Figs, Sea Salt Caramel Cookies, and Prime Savings
This week’s ALDI Finds range from a SOHL console table to two-bite Halloween cupcakes, from fiddle leaf figs to curly fries, from cat scratch houses to Halloween pumpkins. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here: What are you picking up?
And do you know what else is back? These Bake House Creations sea salt caramel chocolate chunk cookies, that’s what. See my review of this seasonal cookie dough from last fall. (Spoiler alert: SO GOOD!)
It’s the last day to shop Amazon Prime Day savings. Check out some of my favorite deals, as well as my favorite sales from Amazon competitors.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 10/18/20 – 10/24/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/18/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 10/18/20
- Easy 25 minute veggie fajitas (use lemon juice instead of lime), topped with sour cream and chopped green onions
- Half of the grapes
- Taco zucchini boats, topped with one chopped avocado
- The other half of the grapes
- Pepperoni pizza soup with kale (substitute 8 oz tomato sauce + 6 oz tomato paste for the pizza sauce, add 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and increase oregano, minced garlic, & basil to taste), topped with shredded Parmesan
- Heat up the baguette
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/17/20
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
8 oz Happy Farms block mozzarella, $1.85
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
Specially Selected baguette, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
3 cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.87
1 can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
4.5 lbs bone-in split chicken breast, $4.46
16 oz 85% lean ground beef chub (frozen), $3.29
Mama Cozzi’s 6 oz sliced pepperoni, $2.29
16 oz Fremont Fish Market flounder fillets (frozen), $4.99
2 lbs lemons, $3.45
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $.99
8 oz baby carrots, $.99
1 lb asparagus, $1.99
12 oz Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $2.99
8 oz bagged spinach, $1.35
Bunch green onions, $.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 sweet potatoes, $1.34
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
2.5 lbs zucchini (5 or more zucchinis — you’ll need two prepackaged packs), $3.23
3 avocados, $1.95
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $60.96
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/11-10/17 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/14-10/20 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/18/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.