Yes, we’re back with your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/30/22: This week, we’re cooking up everything from a rosemary sheet pan chicken dinner to slow cooker Italian beef sandwiches — plus, so much more.
Let’s meal plan into February — it may be the cruelest month, but these recipes should help warm you up! As always, you’ll save time & money with meal planning, and relax in the knowledge that dinnertime decisions are covered.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
Use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/30/22 – 2/5/22
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and you may no longer dread the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Pretzel Bites, Keto Ice Cream, and CHEESE
ALDI Finds for the week of 1/26/22 include pretzel bites, breakfast pizza, keto ice cream, and pickle chips — plus, so much more. See all of my favorite Finds of the week here.
Did you miss National Cheese Lover’s Day on January 20th? Celebrate belatedly, with these five fave cheesy cheese recipes!
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/30/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/30/22 – 2/5/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included the printable chopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/30/22
Note — You’ll end up this week with leftover beef broth (freeze it!) and leftover cream cheese (enjoy it!). Using the big cheap bag of chicken leg quarters for several meals also allows us room for pricier recipes we don’t see as often, such as Thursday’s Italian beef. 🙂
- *** Start by cutting up half of your bag of chicken leg quarters, dividing the drumsticks from the thighs. You’ll want to cut out approximately six drumsticks (about 2 lbs), reserving those to use on Tuesday, and 4-6 thighs (about 3 lbs) to use on Monday.
- Awesomely fantastic homemade chicken soup — Use the REST of the bag of chicken leg quarters (about 5 lbs). Also: Pull out 1 cup shredded cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe; see Note on how to do this in the soup recipe.
- Toast up & butter the bagels
- Sheet pan rosemary chicken drumsticks with broccoli & potatoes (use the little yellow potatoes, halved)
- Cups of leftover chicken soup
- Slow cooker Italian beef sandwiches, served on Hawaiian rolls & topped with provolone
- Side salad, topped with chopped carrots, chopped celery, chopped green onion, thinly sliced onion, & 2 chopped tomatoes
- Shrimp taco salad (substitute broken up blue corn chips for the tortilla strips)
- The rest of the tortilla chips
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/29/22
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick Happy Farms original cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $1.89
8 oz Happy Farms deli-sliced provolone, $1.59
L’Oven Fresh everything bagels, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh Hawaiian sweet rolls, $2.29
Simply Nature organic blue corn tortilla chips, $2.09
Tuscan Garden pepperoncini, $1.89
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz beef broth, $1.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
4 oz can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.79
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.07
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.89
10 lbs chicken leg quarters, $4.90
2.5 lb chuck roast, $12.48
12 oz bag Fremont Fish Market medium EZ peel raw shrimp (frozen), $4.99
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.79
2 lbs limes, $1.99
2 lbs bananas, $.98
3 lb bag yellow onions, $2.09
24 oz bite-sized yellow potatoes, $2.89
2 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.78
2 lbs carrots, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 bags Little Salad Bar garden salad, $2.38
2 avocados, $1.98
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $65.36
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/23-1/29 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/26-2/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, and non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/30/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches! Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.