Let’s keep rocketing through January: How are your New Year’s meal planning resolutions going so far? Stay on track with another ALDI dinner plan, taking you all the way from Sunday 1/17, through Saturday 1/23. This week, you’ll enjoy everything from a smoked salmon frittata to an easy cheesy pasta skillet — and so much more!
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/17/21 – 1/23/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
What’s going on at ALDI this week? Some nice Finds, that’s what! Check out my top 20 ALDI Finds of the week, plus some Valentine’s Day Finds for you (and your cat…).
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/17/21 – 1/23/21
Without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/17/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/17/21
- Awesomely fantastic slow cooker chicken soup (shred 1.5 cups of the cooked chicken at the end and reserve for tomorrow’s recipe, rather than returning it all to the pot)
- Side salad with half of the romaine, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber
- Half of the grapes
- Also: Cook up a double batch of rice today, and refrigerate for use on Mon and Tues
- Chicken thigh stir fry w/ asparagus
- 20 minute ground beef & broccoli stir fry
- Serve these over cooked rice
- Easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet
- Salad with the other half of the romaine, chopped carrot, chopped celery, any leftover cucumber
- Chicken burrito bowls, topped with avocado & shredded cheddar
- Simple sauteed spinach (omit the optional lemon juice, unless you have one on hand)
- Smoked salmon, avocado, & ricotta frittata
- Warm up the rest of the peas in a small saucepan with a little butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cut up the pineapple, and have the rest of the grapes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/16/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.01
Emporium Selection 15 oz whole milk ricotta, $1.89
Happy Farms 8 oz block mozzarella, $1.85
Happy Farms 8 oz block cheddar, $1.85
Season’s Choice 16 oz peas, $.95
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.19
Fusia soy sauce, $1.65
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.99
48 oz Simply Nature organic chicken broth, $2.19
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.99
24 oz Reggano Simply marinara, $1.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
16 oz Casa Mamita restaurant style salsa, $1.89
Specially Selected cold smoked salmon 3 oz, $3.99
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
2.75 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $4.65
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
Whole pineapple, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
3 hearts of romaine, $2.45
1 cucumber, $.59
1.5 lbs broccoli, $2.24
1 lb asparagus, $2.89
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.35
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.50
3 avocados, $1.77
That comes to: $60.78
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/10-1/16 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/13-1/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/17/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.