Look at us, rocketing into mid-January with this week’s ALDI meal plan — and trying to leave 2020 far, far behind! Follow along this week, and you’ll enjoy everything from a rustic mushroom lentil soup, to BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/10/21 – 1/16/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, ALDI Vegetarian, ALDI Planners
So, what’s going on at ALDI this week? Let’s start with vegetarian and vegan Finds, as there are a bunch in the most current ad. See a little run-down of these new plant-based items here, starting with Earth Grown vegan salad dressing (great reviews!).
And don’t these hyacinths feel like a glimpse of spring in the dead of winter? Hyacinths and more feature in this week’s top 20 ALDI Finds — what are you planning to pick up?
And yes, the 2021 ALDI planners finally appeared in stores. Not sure why they were so darn late this year, but take a peek inside and check out my mini review!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/10/21 – 1/16/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/10/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/10/21
- Rustic mushroom lentil soup (use baby carrots)
- Sourdough toast
- Vegetarian three bean & lentil chili (use orange bell pepper), topped with shredded cheddar
- Make garlic bread with the rest of the sourdough
- Low carb chipotle turkey tacos (use ground turkey rather than chicken), topped with shredded cheddar
- Slice up half the cucumber on the side, topped lightly with sea salt
- Slice up some apples
- BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls (use 3 Roma tomatoes, and cut up & add the last yellow bell pepper) — top with any salad dressing you have on hand
- Oven roasted potatoes — chop up 1.5-2 lbs of potatoes, and toss them on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring halfway through
- The rest of the baby carrots
- Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes — cook up the remaining bacon and crumble, rather than using bits
- Roast chipotle chicken & potatoes (use yellow potatoes)
- Roasted zucchini (use Italian seasoning and put in the oven about 1/2 hour after starting the chicken)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/9/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms 12 oz shredded cheddar, $3.19
Season’s Choice 12 oz Brussels sprouts, $1.19
Specially Selected sourdough square loaf, $2.99
Clancy’s BBQ potato chips, $1.49
16 oz Simply Nature organic green lentils, $2.29
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.99
48 oz Simply Nature organic chicken broth, $2.19
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
1 can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
1 can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.59
1 can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
1 can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
16 oz Appleton Farms sliced bacon, $3.49
3 lbs 90/10 ground turkey, $6.99
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.99
16 oz baby carrots, $.99
2 packs 8 oz whole white mushrooms, $3.58
1 cucumber, $.59
3 hearts romaine, $2.69
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
3 Roma tomatoes, $.60
1 lb zucchini, $1.29
That comes to: $60.75
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/3-1/9 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/6-1/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/10/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.