Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/2/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Hope you find it useful!
Note: Main dish recipes in these plans don’t repeat often, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again on these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning is mixing old stand-bys with something new each week! 🙂
ALDI meal planning week of 4/2/17 – 4/8/17
Six complete dinners for a family of four for $60.00
Prices here are collected from this week’s ad and my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but may vary by location & region. I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like olive oil, mustard, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
- Sunday: Bacon-wrapped chicken (use 1.5 lbs of the chicken). Side: Spinach salad, grapes, and baked potatoes.
- Monday: Asparagus mushroom quiche. Sides: Sliced pineapple and toasted English muffins.
- Tuesday: Chicken fajitas (use 1.5 lbs chicken). Serve with flour tortillas, avocados, sour cream, lime wedges, and cheddar cheese. Side: Grapes.
- Wednesday: Crunchy tortilla chicken fingers (double recipe but just use 6-7 oz tortilla chips, and use the last 2 lbs of chicken). Use half the jar of salsa for dipping. Side: Oven-baked potato wedges, plus saute up the rest of the asparagus and mushrooms with a little onion, butter, garlic, salt & pepper to taste, and just a touch of crushed red pepper; top with shredded Parmesan right before serving.
- Thursday: Easy spaghetti & meatballs (drain meatballs after browning and substitute 1 Tbsp dried parsley for the fresh; add oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper to sauce to taste). Top with additional Parmesan and serve with garden salad topped with sliced hard boiled eggs; make garlic bread from the French bread.
- Friday: Baked tilapia fish tacos. Also: Thinly slice the last bell pepper + one onion and cook over medium-high heat in olive oil with a little garlic to use as a topping for tacos. Serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, lime wedges, cheddar cheese, black beans, the rest of the bag of tortilla chips, and the rest of the salsa.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night, eat out, or date night!
Dairy & refrigerated
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crusts, $1.49
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.85
16 oz Friendly Farms mild shredded cheddar cheese, $2.99
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.19
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Half gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.49
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.33
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.29
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.99
SimplyNature organic salsa, $1.89
SimplyNature organic black beans, $.89
15 oz Progresso breadcrumbs, $1.49
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.95
13.5 oz Fit & Active whole grain spaghetti, $.89
Tuscan Garden salad dressing of choice, $1.29
Specially Selected French bread, $1.69
Meat & seafood
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.45
16 oz Appleton Farms premium bacon, $3.69
Sea Queen 32 oz frozen tilapia fillets, $4.99
16 oz chub 85/15 ground beef (frozen), $2.69
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
3 pack green peppers, $.99
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.98
16 oz asparagus, $1.39
3 heads garlic, $.99
2 avocados, $2.58
1 lb limes, $1.49
2 lb red grapes, $2.28
8 oz Little Salad Bar spinach, $1.49
12 oz Little Salad Bar garden salad, $.89
5 lb baking potatoes, $1.99
That comes to $60.42.
You can adapt this ALDI meal plan
If one or more of these recipes aren’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use up, just adapt this ALDI meal plan to your own family’s preferences or use these ideas to supplement your meal planning for the week. These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.