It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/29/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
Every kitchen should have a cast iron skillet
What are my favorite ALDI Finds from this week’s ad? Oh, just a 12″ cast iron skillet for $10… plus all things pumpkin spice and, yes, a chainsaw. More on these and the rest of this week’s best ALDI Finds here.
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 9/29/19 – 10/5/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/29/19
Note: Because the meat on sale is a large 5 lb pack of the 73% lean ground beef, I’ve divided it between three recipes that will end up a little meatier than usual. You could easily just use 1.25 lbs of the beef in each of these, though, and freeze the last 1.25 lbs to use in a later recipe.
- Sunday: Sweet & savory stuffed acorn squash (use 1/3 of the pack of the fattier ground beef). On the side, have sauteed zucchini and carrots (you could throw a little garlic & Parmesan in there, too), plus some mandarins.
- Monday: Ground beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini (use 1/3 of the ground beef, and half the bag of regular spinach instead of baby). On the side, salad made with one heart of romaine topped with dried cranberries, a little shredded cheddar, & a little chopped carrot.
- Tuesday: Taco stuffed sweet potatoes (substitute the rest of the ground beef for the ground turkey) with both simple tomato cucumber salad (substitute yellow onion) and sliced avocado on the side.
- Wednesday: Simple vegetarian white bean soup topped with Parmesan, cut up Gala apples (reserve two for Friday), and the baguette.
- Thursday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders + veggies, grapes, & mandarins.
- Friday: Sheet pan chicken + harvest vegetable dinner salad (use tenderloin instead of cut up chicken breast, but reduce cooking time on that a bit — put it on a separate pan and start it a few minutes after the veggies). Throw some dried cranberries onto the finished salad, if desired, and have the rest of the grapes and mandarins on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/28/19
Dairy & refrigerated
9 oz Priano five cheese refrigerated tortellini, $1.99
Happy Farms block sharp cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Southern Grove dried cranberries, $1.69
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
1 can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
5 lbs 73% lean ground beef, $8.95
2.5 lbs chicken tenderloins, $4.98
2 lbs red grapes, $1.70
3 lbs mandarins, $2.39
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.29
2 medium acorn squash, $2.07
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
16 oz broccoli, $1.39
2 lbs carrots, $1.39
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 hearts of romaine, $2.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $.99
20 oz zucchini, $2.11
5 medium sweet potatoes, $4.75
9 Roma tomatoes, $1.50
2 avocados, $2.58
That comes to $60.01.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/22-9/28 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/25-10/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/24/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/29/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.