It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/7/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
On all things ALDI and Meal Planning
Now that you’ve been looking at or using these free weekly ALDI meal plans, you may feel you’re ready for more! If so, you might find this useful:
And then… what did I find at ALDI this week, and what could you find at ALDI this week?
Me, I recently picked up this two wheeled Suncast garden cart at a great price — and I’m just so happy about it! Plus, be sure to check out cheap avocados, speckled bakeware, Easter buckets, and more of my favorite ALDI Finds this week.
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 4/7/19 – 4/13/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/7/19
- Sunday: Gyros inspired pasta with Greek yogurt sauce, along with sliced cantaloupe and a simple tomato & avocado salad (substitute yellow onion; top with chopped green onion if desired).
- Monday: Instant Pot kale sausage soup (use alternative stove top directions in the post if you don’t have a pressure cooker; use half the bag of chopped kale and reserve the other half for Weds.; top with Parmesan if desired), plus mandarins and toasted bagels.
- Tuesday: Curried chicken skillet with cauliflower & rice, mandarins, and use half the romaine to make a side salad, topped with Parmesan & a couple of chopped carrots.
- Wednesday: Simple chicken kale mushroom stir fry and garlic broccoli stir fry, served with cooked rice.
- Thursday: Greek yogurt Parmesan chicken, along with glazed carrots and a chopped romaine salad topped with chopped tomato & cucumber.
- Friday: Garlic shrimp with roasted cauliflower, white beans, and tomatoes. Serve over cooked rice, with mandarins on the side. Add a bit of time to the recipe to allow for peeling the shrimp; I used peeled in the original version.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/6/19
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $2.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred crumbled feta, $2.19
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh everything bagels, $1.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
2 boxes SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $2.98
12 oz Reggano bowtie pasta (farfalle), $.79
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $1.38
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.89
4.75 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $8.03
12 oz Fremont Fish Market EZ peel medium raw shrimp, $4.49
2 lbs lemons, $1.79
3 lbs mandarins, $2.49
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
12 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.59
1 lb broccoli, $1.69
1 head cauliflower, $2.49
Bunch green onions, $.89
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.94
That comes to $60.08.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/31-4/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/3-4/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/3/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/7/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.