Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/4/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
You need a new ALDI-Themed T-Shirt in your life!
How fun are these brand new ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my just-launched Amazon storefront, browse several new tees that show our mutual ALDI love, and check back later for new additions. 🙂
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 3/4/18/18 – 3/10/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
*** Since there was a little wiggle room in this week’s $60 budget with some great sales, the shopping list does include butter and salad dressing for your condiment stock-up pleasure — and since you won’t use all of either, you’ll have some left over for future weeks!
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 3/4/18
- Sunday: Slow cooker corned beef & carrots, grapes, and a side salad made with half the romaine.
- Monday: Greek yogurt lemon linguine with asparagus & mushrooms, baguette.
- Tuesday: Yogurt marinated chicken drumsticks, topped with cilantro instead of green onion and served with Greek style lentils & rice + strawberries.
- Wednesday: One pan paprika chicken drumsticks and rice. On the side, saute up 11 oz fresh spinach (reserve 5 oz of one bag for tomorrow’s recipe) in olive oil with a little minced garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste, plus enjoy some of your oranges.
- Thursday: Slow cooker lentil & smoked sausage soup, plus salad with the other half of the romaine + sliced cucumber and any remaining carrots.
- Friday: Easy flounder & asparagus packets. Serve over cooked rice, and have grapes, oranges, and strawberries on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 3/3/18
Dairy & refrigerated
1 lb Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $2.99
32 oz tub Friendly Farms full fat plain Greek yogurt, $3.69
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected French take-and-bake baguette, $1.69
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
3 lb Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
16 oz Reggano linguine, $.99 (this special buy was by the registers at my stores, so look around)
Two 32 oz boxes SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $3.78
16 oz Dakota’s Pride dried green lentils, $1.19
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa (or Fit & Active 13 oz turkey kielbasa), $1.99
3 lb corned beef points, $5.97
7 lb chicken drumsticks, $4.83
16 oz Sea Queen flounder fillets (frozen), $4.29
2 lb lemons, $1.99
4 lb navel oranges, $2.49
Two 8 oz bags spinach, $2.98
3 pack romaine hearts, $1.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
1 seedless cucumber, $.69
2 lbs asparagus, $2.58
Bunch cilantro, $.69
Two lbs strawberries, $1.98
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
3 lb bag yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
That comes to $60.80.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/25-3/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/28-3/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 2/28/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/4/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.