It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/10/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Signs, signs, everywhere the signs…
Hey! If you are newer to ALDI shopping or have been caught out by special buy items that disappear from the store before you have a chance to stock up, check out my new guide on…
And, speaking of special buy items. For more non-food-related ALDI fun (and some of my favorite ALDI Finds this week)…
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for.
ALDI meal planning week of 3/10/19 – 3/16/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 3/10/19
- Sunday: Ground beef gyros (omit feta, serve on pita bread, and top with a little optional spring mix, tomato, onion, and the yogurt sauce). Serve with strawberries.
- Monday: Greek yogurt lemon linguine with asparagus & mushrooms. On the side: Spring mix salad topped with a chopped tomato, & the rest of the cucumber from Sunday.
- Tuesday: Sheet pan Mediterranean salad with lemon yogurt dressing. (Use 1.5 lbs chicken, cucumber instead of avocado, and use 4 oz of the spinach + some spring mix for the salad (reserving the rest of the spinach for Weds). Substitute tomatoes on the vine for Roma.) Also, separately: Poach 1 lb of chicken to shred for tomorrow’s recipe while the sheet pan stuff for tonight is baking — Put chicken in a medium pot with enough water to cover, bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees internal temperature. (Exact cooking time will depend on thickness.)
- Wednesday: Tortellini soup with chicken (shred and use the cooked chicken you poached last night). Serve with a spring mix side salad, topped with any tomato you have left, olives, & Parmesan.
- Thursday: Baked lemon chicken with asparagus & mushrooms, along with this simple carrots & celery side dish (use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth).
- Friday: Garlic shrimp with roasted cauliflower, white beans, and tomatoes, with the baguette on the side. Note: Allow a little extra time to peel the shrimp; I had originally used peeled & deveined in this recipe. If your budget allows and you want to save the time, peeled & deveined ran a buck more, at $5.49 at my store.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 3/9/19
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
9 oz Priano five cheese tortellini, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh pita bread, $1.49
Bake Shop French baguette, $1.69
Tuscan Garden Kalamata olives, $1.99
Two 32 oz boxes Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.78
16 oz box SimplyNature organic linguine, $1.09
1 can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Stonemill 8 oz minced garlic in water, $1.79
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.76
1.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.34
Fremont Fish Market 12 oz easy peel raw medium shrimp, $4.49
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.49
2 lbs lemons, $1.79
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.99
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
Two 8 oz mushrooms, $3.18
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
2 lbs asparagus, $2.98
2 cucumbers, $.98
1 head cauliflower, $2.49
1 lb strawberries, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
That comes to $60.90.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/3-3/9 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/6-3/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 3/6/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/10/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.