It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/24/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
So much to talk about this week…
Before you get started meal planning this week, take a minute to bop on over to sister site Almost All ALDI for…
- A few of my favorite ALDI sales this week (plus a bonus summery salad recipe using sale blueberries, if one of this week’s meal plan dinners doesn’t work for you)
- Copycat low carb FOLIOS cheese wraps — I tried them! (ALDI style…)
- Turn ALDI receipts into Amazon gift cards with Fetch Rewards
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 2/24/19 – 3/2/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 2/24/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker salsa pork tacos. Serve these on corn tortillas with avocado, chopped green onion, and shredded cheddar. On the side: Mandarins plus your Southwest chopped salad kit.
- Monday: Creamy tomato hummus soup, with grilled Havarti cheese sandwiches on sourdough plus sliced mango. Note: My store didn’t carry 10 oz red pepper conventional hummus today, so I listed the 8 oz organic — you can use the slightly cheaper 10 oz conventional if your store has it, though.
- Tuesday: Salsa pork & spinach baked taquitos, red grapes.
- Wednesday: Comforting carnitas stew (substitute leftover salsa pork) topped with chopped green onions and a little shredded cheddar; make garlic bread with the rest of the loaf, and red grapes.
- Thursday: Slow cooker balsamic chicken drumsticks with mushrooms & spinach (substitute regular diced tomatoes if your store doesn’t carry petite), mandarins, and crisp sauteed red potatoes (try doing these in a Dutch oven to reduce splatter, if you have one; use baby yellow potatoes if your store doesn’t have red; garnish with green onion).
- Friday: Chicken drumsticks Southwest skillet, mandarins.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 2/23/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
8 oz Happy Farms Preferred deli sliced Havarti, $1.99
8 oz SimplyNature organic roasted red pepper hummus, $2.29
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.29
16 oz jar Casa Mamita organic chipotle lime salsa, $2.29
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.39
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
Two 28 oz cans Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $2.38
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
Can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
4.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.11
6.5 lb boneless pork butt roast, $8.39
2 mangoes, $1.38
3 lbs mandarins, $2.49
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
Southwest chopped salad kit, $2.49
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $.99
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
24 oz bite sized potatoes, $2.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $1.99
2 avocados, $1.78
That comes to $60.60.
Or, maybe less… These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/17-2/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/20-2/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 2/20/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/24/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.