It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/27/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI food fun first…
Crazy cookies, choosing chicken sausage
Now, these are the quintessential seasonal impulse buy. Bake House Creations sea salt caramel chocolate chunk cookie dough, anyone?
To balance out those cookies, here are seven easy recipes using Never Any! chicken sausage from ALDI — in case you’re ever looking for what to make with your ALDI chicken sausage.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/27/19 – 11/2/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/27/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker beef roast (cut up several carrots and add those in there with the beef as well, plus some garlic if desired; cook for 8 hours to shred). Serve the finished roast with its cooked carrots & onions, and slice up half the apples on the side. Save time tomorrow if you also cook up a pot of rice in 1 cup of chicken broth tonight, and keep it in the fridge for tomorrow’s recipe.
- Monday: Easy shrimp fried rice, with sliced apples and egg drop soup on the side (use up to four eggs, if desired).
- Tuesday: Zucchini Spanish rice burrito bowls with chicken + mushrooms (use just 1.5 lbs chicken & top the bowls with chopped green onion), along with half the grapes.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders + veggies. Also, cook up the rest of the bag of peas in a small saucepan with a little butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste until heated through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. To save time tomorrow, hard boil up the rest of your eggs for tomorrow’s side salad and/or snacking.
- Thursday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (use just 1.5 lbs chicken), topped with green onion if desired. On the side, cut up the rest of the broccoli, steam it, and melt shredded cheddar on the top. Also have the rest of the grapes.
- Friday: Chicken sausage & artichoke pasta. On the side, salad topped with artichoke marinade dressing, chopped green onion, chopped carrot, shredded Parmesan, and sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/26/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.85
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
12 oz Fremont Fish Market EZ peel medium raw shrimp, $4.99
Season’s Choice peas, $.95
12 oz jar Tuscan Garden marinated artichokes, $2.89
3 lb Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Casa Mamita medium salsa, $1.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.78
12 oz Reggano bowtie pasta (farfalle), $.79
2 cans Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $1.38
2.5 lb beef bottom round roast, $7.48
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $3.74
3 lbs chicken tenderloins, $5.97
12 oz Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $2.99
2 lbs red grapes, $1.70
3 lb Gala apples, $1.29
Bunch of green onions, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.39
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
16 oz zucchini, $1.19
That comes to $60.36.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/20-10/26 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/23-10/29 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/22/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/27/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.