It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/27/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
More produce in the New Year, anyone?
On the “almost” all ALDI note, because sometimes you just want a larger selection: If you’re planning on changing your eating patterns in the New Year, and would like to supplement the produce you pick up at your local ALDI, this may be a good time to revisit my Imperfect Produce review from this past fall.
- You can get 50% off your first box with coupon code mashup, too!
Read more about my experience with the service in the Imperfect Produce Thanksgiving update, here.
ALDI meal planning week of 1/27/19 – 2/2/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/27/19
- Sunday: Salsa chicken soup, sourdough toast (reserve 8 pieces of bread for Tuesday), and grapes. Top with optional chopped green onions, shredded cheddar, sour cream. Reserve 2 cups cooked shredded chicken for tomorrow’s recipe, per Note in the salsa chicken soup recipe, as well as the rest of the jar of salsa.
- Monday: Loaded baked chicken nachos (use yellow bell pepper, regular refried beans instead of bean dip, & mix shredded chicken from Sunday with salsa to taste before proceeding with recipe), topped with halved grape tomatoes, avocado, olives, green onions, and sour cream. Serve with garden salad mixed with a little less than half of the bag of spinach & topped with olives, tomatoes, & orange bell pepper, plus grapes.
- Tuesday: Leftover salsa chicken soup with jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwiches (cook up all of the bacon and reserve the rest for Weds), plus the rest of the tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: Pork medallions with creamy mushroom sauce (substitute additional chicken broth for wine) plus easy skillet fried potatoes (substitute a couple baking potatoes for red, and crumble up however much you wish to use of the rest of your bacon and throw it into the skillet a few minutes before potatoes are done).
- Thursday: Caramelized onion naan pizza (substitute regular spinach, use all eight mini naan to make cute little pizzas, & double the recipe to serve four), plus oranges.
- Friday: Turkey taco stuffed baked potatoes (substitute regular for sweet potatoes here) topped with chopped green onion and sour cream, plus oranges.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/26/19
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $.99
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
Happy Farms preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Specially Selected 8 pack mini naan, $2.99
Can Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.49
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
24 oz Casa Mamita medium salsa, $1.49
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $.99
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
4 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.76
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can of Casa Mamita refried beans, $.79
16 oz Appleton Farms thick cut sliced bacon, $3.49
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
19.2 oz Fit & Active ground turkey, $3.49
1.5 lbs pork tenderloin medallions, $3.74
4 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
2 lbs green grapes, $2.58
Bag of garden salad, $.89
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
Two packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.98
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.49
8 oz jalapeños, $.89
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.49
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
2 avocados, $.98
That comes to $60.53.
Or, maybe less… These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/20-1/26 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/23-1/29 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/23/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/27/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.