Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/4/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful!
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A few notes before we get started:
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
- This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/28-6/3 in Sunday ad markets and 5/31-6/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/31/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals can vary by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/4/17.
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door!
ALDI meal planning week of 6/4/17 – 6/10/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/4/17
- Sunday: Easy breakfast sausage quiche. Side: Spinach salad topped with strawberries (slice up one container), plus sliced mangoes.
- Monday: Pasta salad with white beans + asparagus. Hard boil your other six eggs to go on the side, plus red grapes.
- Tuesday: Pork fajitas (substitute lemon juice for lime if you don’t have a lime on hand). Serve in flour tortillas topped with Greek yogurt, the rest of your olives (sliced), chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado, & shredded cheddar. Side: Strawberries & blueberries, plus any leftover pasta salad.
- Wednesday: Yogurt-marinated chicken thighs (substitute thighs for drumsticks in recipe, adjusting cooking time if necessary; reserve eight thighs from your pack for Thursday’s recipe). Side: Oven roasted red potatoes and broccoli.
- Thursday: Sheet pan chicken thighs with green beans & red potatoes (serve one pan of four thighs + veggies, but save the other for Friday’s dinner). Sides: Red grapes, onion flowers.
- Friday: The other pan of your sheet pan chicken thighs with green beans & potatoes. Side: Caesar salad, sauteed corn with green pepper, and blueberries.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/3/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms crumbled feta, $1.99
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crusts, $1.49
32 oz Countryside Creamery half & half, $1.79
16 oz Happy Farms mild shredded cheddar, $2.99
32 oz Friendly Farms Greek yogurt, $3.49
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.77
Season’s Choice corn, $.95
12 oz box Reggano farfalle (bowtie) pasta, $.99
15 oz Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.59
Can Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.19
Specially Selected Greek vinaigrette, $1.89
12 pack El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
Meat & seafood
Roll Appleton Farms breakfast sausage, $1.99
7 lbs chicken thighs (you’ll want 12+ thighs), $4.83
1 lb thick cut boneless pork chops, $2.99
1 lb asparagus, $1.89
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.29
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
2 lbs red onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 packs strawberries, $2.98
2 pints blueberries, $3.98
2 lb red grapes, $1.98
2 lb lemons, $2.99
1 lb green beans, $1.69
5 lb red potatoes, $2.49
3 pack green bell peppers, $1.49
1 avocado, $1.19
Little Salad bar Caesar salad kit, $1.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
2 mangoes, $1.18
That comes to $60.09.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Oh and by the way…
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.