Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/28/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful!
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A few notes before we get started:
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement to your own meal planning.
- This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/21-5/27 in Sunday ad markets and 5/24-5/30 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/24/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals can vary by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/28/17.
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, for $60.00 out the door!
ALDI meal planning week of 5/28/17 – 6/3/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/28/17
- Sunday: Slow simmered drumsticks with tomatoes & mozzarella (use 2 lbs of the drumsticks). Side: Salad, strawberries (one container), and make garlic bread from the loaf of French bread.
- Monday: Grilled cheddar cheeseburgers for Memorial Day (use 3 lbs of the ground beef and the pre-sliced cheddar). Sides: Corn on the cob, 1 lb of the grapes, and potato chips.
- Tuesday: 5-Ingredient chili (use yellow onion instead of white, and the last 2 lbs of ground beef — it will cook down, too, since it’s 73%). Top with cheddar cheese & sour cream, and serve over cooked rice with sliced cantaloupe on the side.
- Wednesday: Baked dry rub chicken drumsticks (use the rest of your pack). Serve with ranch dressing for dipping, cut up celery and carrots (use 1 lb), and garden salad.
- Thursday: Cheesy salsa verde chicken and rice (substitute vegetable for chicken broth and cheddar cheese for jack). Top with additional salsa, one diced avocado, & sour cream, and serve strawberries & pineapple slices on the side.
- Friday: One pot curried chickpeas with spinach (if you don’t have a lemon handy, substitute bottled lemon juice). Side: Honey glazed carrots (substitute 1 lb cut up carrots for baby), plus the rest of your grapes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/27/17
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.69
8 oz sliced cheddar, $1.79
8 oz block cheddar, $1.79
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
28 can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.79
13.5 oz box Fit & Active whole grain spaghetti, $.89
Casa Mamita green chile pepper salsa (in their Cinco de Mayo special salsas), $2.29
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
SimplyNature organic peppercorn ranch dressing, $1.99
SimplyNature organic boxed vegetable broth, $1.79
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas, $1.18
One can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
One can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
3 cans Casa Mamita diced tomatoes and green chilies, $1.35
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Specially Selected French bread, $1.69
Clancy’s potato chips, $1.49
Meat & seafood
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.76
5 lb pack 73% lean ground beef, $8.95
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
4 pack sweet corn, $1.29
2 packs strawberries, $2.98
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
Garden salad, $.89
Bagged salad, $1.99
8 oz bag spinach, $1.49
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
That comes to $60.17
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Oh and by the way…
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.