So I’m a little behind on posting here because
my dog ate my blog — I mean, because our power was out for a while due to yesterday’s insane windstorm, and then our Internet was out even longer. ComEd sent helpful update texts like the above, lol, but we’re all good now. How did the weather treat you yesterday?
So I’m a little behind on posting here because
Follow Me Friday 2/12/16 on Mashup Mom, with a little rundown of all the places your favorite Mashup Mom deals, recipes, and more can be found.
- Mashup Mom: The Blog. Come visit any time to see the latest posts and comments.
- Mashup Mom: On Instagram. Find timely in-store deal photos, fun stuff, and more!
- Mashup Mom: The Facebook Page. Find everything posted on the blog as well as additional tidbits — recipes, news stories, humor, and more — plus comments, deals, and questions from Facebook readers.
- Mashup Mom: The Hot Deals Facebook Group. Find everything posted on the blog, plus additional quick or limited time deals, plus deals shared by readers.
- If you’re a Facebook person, I recommend both the page and the group, because Facebook doesn’t like to show people Facebook pages much any more.
- This group really gets hopping during the holidays, but is active all year round.
- Mashup Mom: On Twitter. Find everything posted on the blog, plus additional tweets, retweets, and comments. (As opposed to Facebook, Twitter will show you every post.)
- Mashup Mom: On Pinterest. If you like the recipe and DIY posts, this is the place to be! Follow me on Pinterest, repin content so you can find it again, and also check out thematic group boards for my stuff AND additional awesome recipes and crafts from other bloggers.
- Mashup Mom: In Your Email. Subscribe to the nightly email newsletter, and you’ll get one email each evening containing everything that’s been posted on the blog over the past 24 hours.
- This is useful one stop shopping, but sometimes you’ll miss limited time deals or those that sell out quickly.
Pick your favorite(s) to follow, and I’ll see you around the web! I’m hanging out everywhere you are, so let’s connect. 😉
This is only for those few of you who are still reading Mashup Mom via RSS. Please be sure to update your feed reader to the new feed at http://www.mashupmom.com/feed. (If you don’t know what this means, please ignore it! 🙂 )
Today 1/28/16 marks the 7th anniversary of Mashup Mom: Welcome to the party! Whether you’re brand new or whether you’ve been around since the beginning, thanks for reading along, and be sure to stick around today for couple of giveaways and more anniversary fun. It’s amazing to me that it’s been 7 years for this little blog venture, and it wouldn’t be the same without the wit and wisdom you all share. Thanks for all your comments, suggestions, deals, help… and criticisms… over the years, and we’ll see where the journey takes us next . 🙂 Happy birthday — not just to me, but to all of you that help make Mashup Mom what it is and keep pushing me to grow and evolve!
A big welcome back to Zack, whose lovely new baby girl was born just last week! Please join me in congratulating him on his new addition, and you can read more about his beautiful family over on his wife’s blog, Katie Did What.
A couple of people have suggested that a “scroll to top” button would be useful, so I just added one. You’ll see it hovering around on the bottom left as shown in the image as you start scrolling down the page, and just click on that up arrow to go back to the top. Let me know if this is too obtrusive in the mobile view, or what you think of it — hope it’s helpful!
Due to popular demand, I’m pleased to introduce the new… Mashup Mom Recipe Search! You can always access this under the “Food” menu at the top of the site. Hope it helps. 🙂
Something I’d like to see here is timeliness, since I meant to post this last week at the first of the month — but it’s still January, so I’ll let it slide just this once. 😉 But really:
- What would you like to see more of on Mashup Mom in 2016?
- What would you like to see less of?
- What would you like to see done differently, and
- What do you love and hope will never change?
Mashup Mom will be celebrating its 7th anniversary at the end of this month, so it seems like a good time to step back, take stock, and ask you guys for your honest opinion on what is working for you and what is not. Thanks for sticking around, and thanks, as always, for contributing your deals, opinions, finds, and advice!
Happy first night of Chanukah, everyone! I hope all of you that celebrate had as lovely an evening with friends and loved ones as we did.
Plus the advantage in getting your Chanukah present early is that you can use it to make a delicious (if not necessarily traditional) pot roast for dinner on the first night… I just didn’t have latkes in me today, guys. 😉
Thanks for sticking around during the whole Black Friday rolls right into Cyber Monday madness over the last week or so! Although we’ll still see a lot of holiday deals, things should now settle back into more of what passes for normal around here. 🙂 Expect Reader Deals to make its triumphant return today, and stay tuned for grocery store matchups and more.
Over the holiday weekend, my able men and a larger chainsaw rental took care of our fallen tree from the storm a couple of weeks ago; all we have left now is some of the root ball. Our yard looks so bare now that we’ve lost this giant evergreen, though, and was already looking kind of sparse after we lost three ash trees to the evil emerald ash borer last year. We need to think about that in the spring — what do you think we should plant?
How was your Thanksgiving — are you through your turkey leftovers yet? Yesterday I made Cheesy
Chicken Turkey Enchilada Chili with most of the rest of ours, and it came out quite nicely if I do say so myself. Mr. 8 had two bowls — I swear I don’t know where he puts it.