Here is your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/18/16. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday! Hope you find it useful.
- Note: I try not to repeat the same recipe here more than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again on these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up on sale again. 🙂
ALDI meal plan week of 12/18/16 – 12/24/16
Six complete dinners for a family of four for $60.00
Note: Prices are collected from this week’s ad and my local store, but may vary by location. I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like olive oil and spices on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
- Sunday: Parsley Sage Rosemary & Thyme Roasted Turkey Breast (substitute dried herbs for fresh). Sides: Crescent rolls, oven roasted broccoli.
- Monday: Creamy tomato hummus soup + grilled cheese sandwiches. Side: Salad, orange wedges.
- Tuesday: Turkey fajitas — Saute a sliced onion and red bell pepper til soft. Add mushrooms and cook another couple minutes. Add leftover turkey (cut into strips or chopped) & spice to taste with red pepper flakes & cumin. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, & guacamole. On the side: Blackberries, garden salad with carrots, tomatoes, and cucumber, and oven roasted cauliflower (use half the head).
- Wednesday: Chili. (Saute onions with some minced garlic til soft. Brown beef and drain. Mix browned beef, onion/garlic mixture, 28 oz crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, drained beans, and 2-3 cups water, then spice to taste with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, cocoa powder, oregano, and a bit of basil. (I like also to add some chopped fresh jalapeño or serrano, but that’s up to you!) Simmer for at least an hour in Dutch oven or large pot on stove top to let flavors blend.) Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream and serve with garlic toast & half the head of cauliflower, steamed & topped with cheddar.
- Thursday: Baked potatoes topped with leftover chili, shredded cheddar, and sour cream. Sides: Spinach salad, orange wedges, lemon-glazed carrots.
- Friday: Lemon garlic roasted chicken with potatoes (adjust seasonings down for smaller bird, substitute additional rosemary & thyme if you don’t have herbs de Provence, and start checking temperature at an hour). Side: Sauteed green beans & garlic.
- Saturday: Christmas Eve — you might be at family’s, you might be enjoying leftovers and trying to assemble complicated toys… 🙂
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $.99
Little Salad Bar 10 oz roasted red pepper hummus, $1.99
Friendly Farms cream cheese, $.85
16 oz Friendly Farms mild shredded cheddar, $2.99
Bake House Creations crescents, $.99
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
Can vegetable broth, $.49
Two 28 oz cans Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.90
1 can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
L’Oven Fresh 100% whole wheat bread, $1.79
2 cans SimplyNature organic black beans, $1.58
1 can Dakota kidney beans, $.59
Tuscan Gardens salad dressing, $1.29
Meat & seafood
~ 6 lb frozen Honeysuckle White turkey breast, $8.34 * Note: This was $1.79/lb in the ad, but $1.39/lb in store, so I’m going with in store pricing here
1 lb 85/15 ground beef, $2.99
3.5 lb chicken, $3.40
2 lbs lemons, $1.79
2 Hass avocados, $1.38
3 lb yellow onions, $1.49
One red bell pepper, $.79
8 oz mushrooms, $1.29
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $1.09
12 oz blackberries, $1.99
4 lb navel oranges, $1.99
Pack of three garlic heads, $.99
5 lb bag large baking potatoes, $1.49
Bag salad, $1.99
Bag garden salad, $.99
Bag spinach, $1.79
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
4 lb navel oranges, $1.99
1 lb green beans, $1.59
Head cauliflower, $2.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
That comes to $59.83.
You can adapt this ALDI meal plan
Adapt this ALDI meal plan to your own family’s preferences or use it to supplement your own meal planning for the week. These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market — or you can mix up the order if, for instance, you shop Sunday and don’t have time for the turkey to thaw. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Browse all the weekly ALDI meal plans here, noting that some prices may have changed since originally posted.