It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/5/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Impulse Buys, Clearance, Avocados, and more…
Let’s share more of our love for ALDI — well, technically, I guess: My own love for ALDI, and then I’d love to hear what you all have found, spotted, and/or enjoyed at your local stores lately!
- Impulse buys, NEW sliced deli meat, clearance finds, and more
- Regretting my life choices with this week’s ALDI Finds: Garden cart, marinated mozzarella, and more
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 5/5/19 – 5/11/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/5/19
- Sunday: Roast chipotle chicken and potatoes (substitute roughly chopped red potatoes for russet, and shred and reserve the leftover chicken for tomorrow’s recipe), plus slice up the pineapple.
- Monday: Chicken avocado mozzarella chopped salad (use leftover shredded chicken from Sunday rather than cooking up fresh & substitute fresh mozzarella for the balls). On the side, mangoes.
- Tuesday: Slow cooker salsa pork tacos (use boneless roast), served on corn tortillas with 2 chopped tomatoes, avocado, and a little shredded cheddar, along with strawberries on the side.
- Wednesday: Southwest pulled pork & potato bowls (use shredded cheddar and substitute frozen corn for fresh, just may need to cook it a little longer), plus make a salad with your last heart of romaine, orange bell pepper, & green onions.
- Thursday: Carnitas stew (substitute salsa pork), topped with a little shredded cheddar and green onion, plus multigrain tortilla chips.
- Friday: Toasted open face Caprese sandwiches with cups of leftover carnitas stew and easy roasted red potatoes (I like to use seasoned salt instead of Kosher salt, and add additional Italian seasoning & smoked paprika to taste — get these in the oven about 25 minutes before you put the ciabatta rolls in to toast, then just remove the finished potatoes before broiling the sandwiches for the last few minutes).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/4/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Priano marinated mozzarella, $3.89
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.39
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
16 oz Season’s Choice corn, $.95
6 pack Bake Shop take & bake ciabatta rolls, $2.69
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
SimplyNature organic multigrain tortilla chips, $1.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
7 lb boneless pork butt roast, $10.43
Two 16 oz strawberries, $2.98
2 mangoes, $.98
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.49
3 avocados, $2.97
8 Roma tomatoes, $1.25
That comes to $60.09
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/28-5/4 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/1-5/7 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/1/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/4/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.