This week’s ALDI meal plan takes us into June! Use it as a starting point, and modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
If nothing else, I hope you can use these weekly meal plans to help restore some rhythm to these strange times. 🙂
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 5/31/20
That in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/31/20. Pick up the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below these updates.
Cold Brew Coffee, Gluten Free Donuts, and Vegetarian Recipes (oh my)
Everything from cold brew coffee systems, to gluten free donuts, to playground balls, to an affordable immersion blender (and SO much more) in this week’s ALDI ad. See my favorite Finds of the week here.
Meat shortages and higher prices getting you down lately? Fear not: These 15 awesome meatless meals will help restore some of your dinnertime mojo!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/31/20 – 6/6/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/31/20
- Slow cooker garlic-lime chicken (substitute bone-in breast for thighs)
- Cut up half of the watermelon
- Crock-Pot garlic Parmesan chicken & potatoes (use 24 oz whole bite sized potatoes, cilantro instead of parsley, & the shredded Parmesan; slice the meat off the bones to serve)
- Chop and steam up half of the broccoli until crisp-tender, then melt on shredded cheddar and Parmesan to taste
- The other half of the watermelon
- Easy 25 minute veggie fajitas, add chopped green onion to top
- Slightly smashed garlicky black beans, topped with chopped cilantro (add a little sauteed jalapeño, if desired)
- Half of the grapes
- Note: You’ll end up with extra jalapeños, which you can freeze either whole or chopped in a freezer bag for later
- Paprika pork chop sandwiches on Parmesan garlic bread
- The other half of the grapes
- Chopped chicken avocado cucumber tomato salad (slice the chicken breast thinly; use two seedless cucumbers instead of baby)
- Toast up the rest of the sourdough on the side
- Easy tilapia packets with broccoli & mushrooms
- Make side salad with the arugula & spinach mix, topped with the last chopped bell pepper and green onion
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/30/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.65
Specially Selected sourdough round, $2.99
12 medium El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
5 lbs bone-in chicken breast, $4.95
1.5 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $4.49
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.49
1 lb tilapia, $5.79
16 oz limes, $1.89
2 lbs green grapes, $2.38
Bunch green onions, $.69
Bunch cilantro, $.69
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $3.58
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.45
2 seedless cucumbers, $1.98
Simply Nature organic 5 oz spinach & arugula mix, $2.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
24 oz bite size yellow potatoes, $2.99
8 oz bag jalapeño peppers, $.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
4 avocados, $3.96
7 Roma tomatoes, $1.50
That comes to: $60.74
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/24-5/30 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/27-6/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/31/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.