MAY I present to you our second-to-last ALDI meal plan for May 2020?
- Per request, I’m posting this week’s meal plan & going by the weekly ad as per usual.
- Stores may not have advertised items in stock, and inventory levels will vary by store, region, and demand.
- Use this week’s plan as a starting point; modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, and what you have on hand in your pantry.
Again, during these odd times, I hope that this latest meal plan helps your week feel at least slightly more normal.
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 5/17/20
With all of that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/17/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below; just a couple of updates first.
ALDI Finds for your garden and BBQ
So much new this week! Here’s a brief rundown of what you may have missed.
First up: ALDI Finds for your garden and cookouts this week include garden herbs and veggie plants, cheddar brats and other foods for your family cookout, Clancy’s churros, fun Finds to spruce up your patio, and more.
Speaking of ALDI Finds — if you were curious about these special buy Journey to India mini naanpanadas, here’s my review!
Next up in our irregular one thing a day series: Re-season your cast iron! (Yes, my beloved 12″ cast iron skillet is an ALDI Find from days gone by…)
And next up in our cooking basics series: Here’s how to make hard boiled eggs — with perfectly cooked yolks every time.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/17/20 – 5/23/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/17/20
- Easy cheesy vegetarian pasta skillet (use the yellow pepper)
- Serve with sourdough garlic bread
- Easy chipotle turkey chili topped with chopped green onion and a little sour cream (use the whole 19.2 oz pack of turkey)
- Serve with 5 oz of the tortilla chips
- Slice up the mangoes
- Sausage, peppers, & onions naan pizza (reserve the artichoke marinade for your dressing)
- Serve with side salad topped with chopped tomatoes, chopped green onion, half the cucumber, and artichoke marinade dressing
- Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders & veggies (substitute your last bell pepper for the carrots)
- Cups of leftover chili from Monday
- Crunchy tortilla chicken fingers (use tenderloin and double recipe to serve four)
- Serve with chipotle sour cream for dipping: Mix 1/2 cup sour cream with 1 minced chipotle pepper and 1 Tbsp (or more) of chipotle sauce, to taste, along with a little sea salt, to taste
- Steam up the rest of your broccoli, and top it with Parmesan to taste
- Cut up the pineapple
- Summer squash & tomato frittata (use all zucchini, substitute the last of your mozzarella for cheddar, and throw some Parmesan on top as well to punch up the flavor)
- Serve with sourdough toast
- Slice up any remaining tomatoes and the rest of the cucumber, and serve on the side topped with a little sea salt
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/16/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.48
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella, $3.30
Emporium Selection 15 oz whole milk ricotta, $1.59
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough round, $2.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
12 oz Tuscan Garden marinated artichoke quarters, $2.89
Clancy’s restaurant style 13 oz tortilla chips, $1.69
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.99
24 oz jar Reggano simply marinara, $1.49
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Kirkwood 19.2 oz fresh ground turkey, $3.99
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.35
3.5 lbs chicken tenderloins, $6.97
2 mangoes, $.98
Bunch green onions, $.69
8 oz mushrooms, $.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.39
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.29
2 lbs zucchini, $2.98
24 oz package tomatoes on the vine, $1.79
That comes to: $59.59.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/10-5/16 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/13-5/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/17/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.