It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/8/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
Pickle chips, fish fillets, and nifty shelves
So many good ALDI Finds right now — Try fish tacos with these bags of beer battered fish fillets, and you’ll also find popcorn kernels back in store (and so much more!). Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week.
Also back in ads this week (every March for the last few years!), you’ll find this five tier SOHL shelving unit. See how mine is holding up after a couple of years of use.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 3/8/20 – 3/14/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 3/8/20
Sunday: Chicken soup with random roasted vegetables & sourdough toast. (Reserve 8 slices sourdough for Friday’s recipe.)
Monday: Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner served with warmed pita bread, cara cara oranges.
Tuesday: Four ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken (use 2 lbs chicken and 16 oz salsa — you’ll have salsa left over, bonus!). Serve on tortillas & top with avocado & shredded cheddar, with strawberries and the rest of the cara cara oranges on the side.
Wednesday: Broiled Parmesan pork chops & broccoli, along with balsamic peppers.
Thursday: Easy turkey kielbasa chili (top with cheddar), garden salad.
Friday: Roasted asparagus grilled cheese. Roast up all of the asparagus, and have the rest on the side along with carrots need butter & thyme (slice up regular carrots into sticks, instead of using baby).
Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 3/7/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Happy Farms 8 oz block cheddar, $1.65
Emporium Selection deli sliced Havarti, $2.29
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh pita bread, $1.69
Casa Mamita 24 oz salsa, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Happy Harvest 8 oz tomato sauce, $.29
Pack Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
Two 13 oz Parkview turkey kielbasa, $4.70
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.76
1.5 lbs thin sliced pork chops, $5.99
3 lbs cara cara oranges, $2.29
1 lb strawberries, $1.19
1.5 lbs broccoli crowns, $2.54
Head cauliflower, $2.29
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
1 lb asparagus, $1.29
Garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to: $60.42.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/1-3/7 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/4-3/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/8/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.