It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/31/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Turn an ALDI receipt into a $3.00 Amazon gift card, and more!
So much going on this week! First off — I told you guys a while back about how ALDI receipts work to earn you Amazon gift cards in the Fetch Rewards app. Well, if you didn’t get around to signing up then, through tomorrow 3/28 you’ll get 3000 bonus points for signing up for Fetch with someone’s referral code (mine being NF3TH), after you scan your first receipt. That’s enough for a $3.00 Amazon gift card — and there is no minimum to cash out, so you can get it right away. 🙂
And on the theme of all old things being new again: I also told you a while ago about how you can now get grocery delivery from ALDI via Instacart in many areas. Well, through today 3/27 you can also get free delivery on Instacart orders over $35 when you use Apple Pay, plus, get $10 off each of your first three orders of $35 or more with code. All the details you need and your Instacart coupon code, here!
Last up in our little weekly roundup of ALDI-related fun:
- What did you find on ALDI clearance this week? Check out my little seedsheet gardening kit!
- My favorite ALDI finds this week: Leaning bookshelf, cheap avocados, vegan chocolate cake, and more!
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 3/31/19 – 4/6/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 3/31/19
- Sunday: Perfect Instant Pot ribs. (No Instant Pot? Instead, cut the ribs to fit your Crock Pot, season with the dry rub, and slow cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high with 1/2 cup water. Then, proceed with the rest of the recipe to finish in the oven.) Serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side, plus baked potatoes and crispy garlic-Parmesan roasted broccoli. (Bake up your baked potatoes and broccoli while the ribs are precooking, then just broil the ribs to caramelize the BBQ sauce while you’re dressing your potatoes and dishing out the broccoli.)
- Monday: Kielbasa, pepper, onion & potato hash (substitute one whole orange bell pepper and 8 oz sliced mushrooms for the 1.5 bell peppers total in the original recipe, throw a little shredded cheddar on top to taste if desired, and top each plate of hash with a sunny side up fried egg). Serve with sourdough toast and sliced pineapple.
- Tuesday: Chipotle quesadillas with pan-roasted veggies & black beans. Serve with sliced avocado and 1 lb of grapes.
- Wednesday: Easy beef, tomato, & spinach tortellini. Serve with salad made with half of the romaine, topped with Parmesan and chopped green onion.
- Thursday: Chipotle taco soup with ground beef. Serve topped with corn tortillas cut into strips, shredded cheddar, and chopped green onion, plus make salad with the other half of your romaine on the side.
- Friday: Smoked salmon scramble. Serve with sourdough toast and the rest of your grapes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 3/30/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.17
Happy Farms brick cream cheese, $1.29
9 oz Priano five cheese tortellini, $1.79
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
El Milago flour tortillas, $.95
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.30
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
Parkview turkey kielbasa, $2.29
4 lbs St. Louis spareribs, $7.96
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
3 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $3.99
2 lbs red grapes, $2.38
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
8 oz mushrooms, $.89
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.89
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.49
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.29
5 Roma tomatoes, $.75
2 avocados, $.98
That comes to $60.10.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/24-3/30 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/27-4/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 3/20/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/31/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.